Login for laquinta.com

Options

Hello,

I tried to save the login for LaQuinta.com manually (as it requires a Member ID, Surname and Password) per a knowledge article that I found, but I am unable to make it work properly.

Any ideas how to create a login that works for https://www.lq.com/en/la-quinta-returns.html please?

Thank you!

Jennifer

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:lq.com login

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @floridabrits,

While the site is a little fiddly I found it worked for me.

1. I visited the La Quinta site (thank you for the URL by the way - very helpful).
    2. I hovered over the email field to have the site display the three fields (took me a moment to figure that out).
    3. I created a Login item using the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser.
    4. I reloaded the page and hovered over the email field.
    5. I then filled using the Login item created in step 3.

1Password filled all three fields although I haven't tested submitting as I don't have an account there. What I did find was 1Password wouldn't fill all three fields until they were displayed so open and fill won't work here, a side effect of how they have coded up their little form and rely on the mouseover event. 1Password also won't show all three fields at the top of the Login item as it only ever shows the fields it has designated as the username and password but you should find all three fields are recorded in the web form details.

If you find you cannot reproduce my findings I would be curious to learn what version of 1Password you have and what browser as maybe I've tested a different version and got different results because of this. If the issue is what happens after you submit please let us know as I didn't test that but instead just checked to see that 1Password seemed to fill the fields correctly. The good news is it looks like we should be able to fill here even if it does require a little manual action on the part of the user to ensure the login form is visible and available for 1Password to fill :smile:

• floridabrits
    floridabrits
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately @littlebobbytables - this does not work for me... I can get it to save my Username and Surname, but not password.

In the web form details I see my Username under the "returnsID" field, I see my surname under the "lastNameLogin" field and I see my password under the "password" field. I also have, no idea why, a field called "passwordWatermark" that displays a password of "Password" :-P

Safari 10.0.3 and 1password 6.6.1 - I have the same problem with Chrome too....

Thanks for further help and guidance...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @floridabrits,

We'll continue the conversation via email :smile:

ref: XSS-49351-456

• floridabrits
    floridabrits
    Community Member
    Options

...thanks very much for yours and Adam's help via email - the updated file you send me worked like a charm :-) Thanks again!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile:

This discussion has been closed.