To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account is frozen - originally purchased license from AgileBits Store

jwarchol
jwarchol
Community Member

Hello, my 1PW account is currently frozen. Originally purchased 1PW v4 from AgileBits store in 2014. Has my subscription model changed, or do I possibly have two accounts? Kind of confused by what what has changed and when.
Thanks in advance,
James

1Password Version: 6.61
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jwarchol
    jwarchol
    Community Member

Sync Type is via Dropbox, app extension version is 4.6.3.90.

• Hey @jwarchol,

I'm sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you recently signed up for a 1Password.com membership account. This gives you all the 1Password apps and future updates, access to your data through the web, simple syncing between all your devices and a ton more. To learn more about the benefits of a 1Password account, have a read through this article.

I hope that clears up the confusion! Let me know if you have any more questions.

• jwarchol
    jwarchol
    Community Member

I believe I signed up the membership account but didn't realize it was going to change my standalone subscription. Is there a way to unfreeze it or am I already committed? :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jwarchol: You're not committed — unless you put a ring on it! ;)

In all seriousness, if you'd prefer to go back to using the standalone 1Password app without the 1Password.com subscription service, just copy your data from your Personal vault (or any others you've created in your account) to a local vault (such as your Primary) in the app. Then you can go to Preferences > Accounts and Sign Out of the account completely.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com subscription in the future, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. But either way, we're here for you if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)

• jwarchol
    jwarchol
    Community Member

Thanks for the help. In all honesty, I probably will go with the subscription route. I did get the email with the 6 months free offer, but when I attempted to login using the link in the blog post to sign up for it, my 1Password gives me an error. I can login normally on the site, and view the subscribe options but I don't see the ability to enter a promo code on the subscribe modal. Hmmm...

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@jwarchol - I think I can help you with that. :-) Please contact us and I'll be happy to see what I can do. :-)

In case you contact us you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jwarchol: I was able to locate you in our system, so I'll follow up momentarily via email to save you a step and get things sorted out. Thanks for your patience. :blush:

ref: XKB-64918-756

• jwarchol
    jwarchol
    Community Member

Thanks again for all the help.

• On behalf of @Brenty, you're very welcome @jwarchol :+1: Keep us posted if you have any further questions :-)

This discussion has been closed.