1Password not prompting to save new Logins. I've checked the app and that feature is enabled.

Options

Safari Version 10.0.3 (12602.4.8)

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.6.2 (662005) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 1password 4.6.3
OS Version: mac OS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password not prompting to save new Logins

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kathy_Cronan,

I've moved this thread to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum so the right people will see it. I hope you don't mind!

What happens when you click on the 1Password extension in Safari's toolbar? If it asks for your master password, are you able to unlock it and see your items?

Also, please open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar. Select the General tab, and make sure there's a check mark next to the option for Always keep 1Password mini running. If that option was disabled, that probably explains the problem.

If that option was already enabled, please try the suggestions here: If the 1Password extension isn't working in your browser

Let us know how it all goes, and if it's still not prompting you to save new Logins, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Kathy_Cronan
    Kathy_Cronan
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried everything you have suggested and I am still not being prompted to save new Log ins. I guess 1password is not going to work for me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Kathy_Cronan,

Can you check something for me please. Can you click on the 1Password icon in the MacOS menu bar. This will display the 1Password mini menu. Is there any text in red at the top of the menu and if so what does it say?

• Kathy_Cronan
    Kathy_Cronan
    Community Member
    Options

When I click on the icon at the top of my computer (it's on the same line as the Apple symbol, Safari, Drop Box, Internet, etc), it opens a text box un the key symbol that says Master Password. When I enter my password, it unlocks and I see Search 1password, password generator and log ins. I can then access the 2 websites and passwords that I manually entered.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hey @Kathy_Cronan,

Thanks for your reply, from your initial post you mentioned you have both the latest 1Password for Mac and 1Password extension installed. These two need to be able to talk to each other in order for the saving of new passwords to work. A quick test to see if they are connected and that they can talk is to check what happens if you click on the 1Password browser extension button. This appears in the browser you're using to the left or right of the browser's web address bar (the side depends on which browser your using).

If when you click on it and the 1Password Mini appears, then the connection is working. However if a new tab appears saying that 1Password could not connect then there's something wrong and we would figure out what's interfering.

Let me know what you find and we can discuss further.

Additionally, I would be interested in which two websites you have tried this with? Perhaps there is something special with this websites that are causing 1Password to not save - if you let me know the URL for each I can try them out myself to see what happens for me.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• Kathy_Cronan
    Kathy_Cronan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Matthew,
    When I click on the 1 password icon in my browser it opens without any error messages. All is says is Master password and when I type it in, it opens up where I can access two websites the I manually entered in the data for. As long as I manually enter in the information, 1 password works. My issue is that it will NEVER prompt me to save a password to 1 Password when I log on to ANY sites such as Amazon. Even if I log out and sign back in the only prompt I get is from my own browser asking if I want to save the password.

• Kathy_Cronan
    Kathy_Cronan
    Community Member
    Options

_

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Kathy_Cronan. I'm going out on a limb a bit with this since the screenshot is a bit cropped, but it looks like you're clicking the 1Password icon in the Mac's menu bar at the top of the screen. Do you see a 1Password button in Safari itself? Here's what mine looks like in a new empty Safari window:

You can see the 1Password button there next to the address field. Do you see the same in Safari?

If not, there are a couple possibilities. The first is that the extension is not installed. You can check this in Safari > Preferences > Extensions and see if 1Password is in the list. If it's not, you can install it from here: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

If 1Password is in the extensions list, the other possibility is that the toolbar button has been removed from the toolbar. If you go to View > Customize Toolbar, you should see a 1Password button there that you can drag into the toolbar.

I hope this helps and I haven't taken us down a rabbit trail away from the real problem. Let me know. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• Kathy_Cronan
    Kathy_Cronan
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I see the icon is two places. At the very top and on the address field. The icon on the address field light grey instead of dark grey like the one at the top of my screen. When I click on the light grey icon next to the address field, nothing happens.

ref: HQM-19148-966

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Kathy_Cronan,

I think it might be worth us reviewing a diagnostic report. This link will guide you through the steps to create one.

For 1Password on your Mac

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.