Need Websites (69ea) entered on my iMac to show up on my iPad!1

Options
geezer11441
geezer11441
Community Member

I have entered 69 website entries on my iMac (Personal Vault) and when I open 1Password on my iPad, nothing shows in any of my Vaults. I have entries in my Personal Vault and my Shared Vault, but cannot get ANY of the entries to show. I have the Families plan and was advised via e-mail lessons that I did not need to do any syncing for data to be shared between my iMac and both my iPad and iPhone!! I hope you can help, this is extremely frustrating!!

Geezer11441

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@geezer11441: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, do you maybe not have the correct vault selected (1)? Or are you not in the Categories view (2) or showing All Items (3)?

Alternatively, make sure you're signed into the correct 1Password.com Account on all of your devices (or in your browser) in 1Password Preferences/Settings > Accounts. Each will have their own Personal vault, so having more than one could be confusing. Let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! :)

• geezer11441
    geezer11441
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the comeback Brenty, but I finally through "surfing" was able to get to the vaults that I initially entered on my iMac. I would say that it was NOT intuitive to just go on the iPad and select the "Personal" vault and see my entries. They apparently did sync automatically as the "Family Plan" indicated, I just had to find the way to access them. I finally checked the "file cabinet looking symbol to the left of the main screen and was able to have them show and be useable the same as the iMac. The forum is usually my last resort with a problem. I first go to the web and do a google search and read everything I can, and if I am too stupid to understand, then I humbly try the forum.

Thanks again for your prompt response!!

Geezer

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

@geezer11441: You're welcome, though I think the credit is yours for figuring it out. I'm sorry it wasn't intuitive for you. We'll continue to try to make 1Password easier to use. Hopefully you should be all set, but honestly I would say come here first if you have any more questions. AgileBits staff such as myself are here pretty much around the clock, and we've also got a great community of volunteers and other users who help. Collectively, we can generally point you in the right direction, where Google, while a tremendous resource, will sometimes give a lot of irrelevant (or outdated, especially for software) information that we have to sift through first. We're here for you. :)

• geezer11441
    geezer11441
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty!!

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Brenty you're most welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.