To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I purchased the 1Password for $64.99 from the Apple store.Now getting messages account frozen

lexlie
lexlie
Community Member

I purchased 1Password from the Apple store and I am now receiving notices my account is frozen and I will have to pay a monthly fee to use the app. Where was that info when I purchased the app? I am very frustrated. I have sent several emails to your support center only to be given a generic response to search several sites for info that may help resolve my issue. Why can I not get a live person to respond to my email?? I saw no where when I purchased this app that I would have to pay a monthly fee. Please respond..

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OX 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I purchased the 1Password for $64.99 from the Apple store.Now getting messages account frozen

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

@lexlie - Thank you for getting in touch and my apologies for the delayed response. I was able to locate your email and will reply in a minute. Let's continue our conversation there! :)

ref: VJL-53697-535

• jane_xired
    jane_xired
    Community Member

hey @Roman, I have the exact same issue as mentioned. Didn't wrote an E-Mail yet to the support, because I found this post before ;) Can you help me as well? Would be happy if we could clarify this :) Thanks for your help!

• Hi @jane_xired - Thank you for reaching out to us. I noticed you signed up for a 1Password membership and the account is currently frozen since your free trial has ended. It looks like you signed up for our 6 month free trial promotion when we initially introduced our Individual accounts last year. In order to keep the subscription active, you will have to add a credit card to the billing page -

Sign into your account here - https://my.1Password.com > Click on your name in the upper right hand side > Select Billing from the drop down menu then you can add a credit card to subscribe. You will have an option of choosing a monthly or annual billing cycle. You save a little more money over the course of the year if you choose an annual cycle. Sorry for the confusion and let us know if you have any additional questions, we're always happy to help out :-)

• jane_xired
    jane_xired
    Community Member

Hi @Frank thanks for the quick answer, but before my trial ended I bought the App in the App Store. Doesn't this count as payment as well? If not, I would like to do a monthly/annual billing cycle but just in case I will get the money from the App store back or something like a voucher. Is this possible? Because in my case now I would pay twice.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jane_xired! Standalone licences for our apps (such as from the App Store) and our subscription accounts are entirely separate, so the purchase of a licence does not contribute to the payment for a subscription account. I'll reach out to you separately via email, and we can discuss the options available to you :chuffed:

• cooley914
    cooley914
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue as above. Would love to have a real person help me instead of just receiving generic emails.

• Hi @cooley914

Sorry for the delay. I've just responded to your email inquiry. We'll continue the conversation over there. :)

Ben

ref: ETI-31167-736

• nccjones
    nccjones
    Community Member

This just happened to me also! I'm confused, no where did it say when I purchased the app that I would also have to continue to pay! If so, this is a highly expensive app! My account is now frozen!

• Hey @nccjones. :) Sorry to hear about the trouble. With a subscription you do not have to also purchase the apps. Could you please send us a copy of your receipt for your purchase to support+forum@agilebits.com and we'll get you sorted out? When you send the email you'll get a reply back from BitBot. Please post the Support ID that it sends you here.

Thanks!

Ben

• johnjohnjohn
    johnjohnjohn
    Community Member

I have the same problem but with the play store application. Can i discuss my case with a real person please?

• Hi @johnjohnjohn

Real person here, and we're happy to help. Please follow my instructions in the post above and we'll get you squared away. :)

Ben

• AudiS4
    AudiS4
    Community Member

Same thing happened to me. I just gave in and signed up for the family account and didn't really want to. I paid for the expensive app a while ago. Maybe I could get a credit for my new family account. My girlfriend went through the same thing today also. Both of us paid separately a while ago for the app, maybe a two year credit would work. I hate this new subscription based theme everyone is going to. Total gimmick to suck my wallet dry. Really liked 1pw until this happened. Joined the forum boards today and it doesn't look good for a lot people.

• Matt_Commkeen
    Matt_Commkeen
    Community Member

Hi, same here. I want a non-generic response to my email support requests. Thanks!

I have tried following the instructions under https://support.1password.com/trial-expired/?src=bitbot  in order to unfreeze my app that I have purchased from the Mac app store. The “download/reinstall” thing does not work. It keeps re-opening the old app that is still frozen.

I am a bit confused to irritated about the different purchasing mechanisms.
    What exactly did I purchase on the Mac app store ? A standalone app that does not extend to the “other services” (web-app?, browser extension?)

It’s fine when you offer a subscription but then don’t make people buy an expensive app from the app store!

• @AudiS4, please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com and we'll see what we can do!

@Matt_Commkeen I'm sorry for the delay in replying to your email! We're working through our tickets as fast as we can, however we're a bit swamped there. I'll followup through email.

• Starflyer
    Starflyer
    Community Member

1PW works fine on my iPad and iphone. However on my MBA I'm getting "failed to correct to 1PW Mini. Please quit 1PW and start again." Doing so does nothing. My MBA was NOT used the last 48 days as I was on a trip. Wondering if not syncing it during this time caused the problem.

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member

1PW works fine on my iPad and iphone. However on my MBA I'm getting "failed to correct to 1PW Mini. Please quit 1PW and start again." Doing so does nothing. My MBA was NOT used the last 48 days as I was on a trip. Wondering if not syncing it during this time caused the problem.>

@Starflyer, If you have not used the MBA for 48 days you missed all the exceitement....solution here:

https://support.1password.com

• Starflyer
    Starflyer
    Community Member

That worked fine Mike. I saw the same solution on an internet search, but was leery about opening it for fear that someone might be phishing for an opening into my computer.

• Hi @Starflyer - I'm happy to hear that helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to assist :-)

Thank you @mikebore for the assist :+1:

• jeankernus
    jeankernus
    Community Member

I have the same problem as many above, and that is the "my account is frozen" message on my iphone when I have signed up and paid for a monthly subcription on my PC. Why don't you fix this issue? I have spent at least 2 hours fooling with this, ie looking at this support forum etc. As is obvious, I am frustrated! I realize I am not a strong technical person, but I should be able to find a simple answer to this without having to wait for a response. Please help!!! P.S. If you had a phone with a real person that would help. I am just hoping I don't get the same canned responses that you have sent to others! And have to wait for you to respond here.

• Hi @jeankernus - Sorry for the troubles and I'll do my best to assist you today. I was able to locate the 1Password.com account you signed up for back in February. In order to keep the account active, you have to associate a credit card to the billing page once the 30 day free trial ends I noticed you purchased a standalone license in error. I can refund you for the license then just add a credit card to the billing page -

https://support.1password.com/1password-com-billing/

Log into your account via the web > Click on your name in the upper right hand side > Select "billing" from the drop down menu > from here you can add a credit card and select a billing cycle.

Sorry again for any confusion and I will be happy to refund you for the duplicate standalone license that was purchased in error. Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll be happy to help.

• jeankernus
    jeankernus
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply Frank. I have signed in and added a credit card, but it appeared to only have my iphone listed. How do I add my PC? When I look on my iphone I don't see a way to add my PC. When I open the app on the PC, I don't see a way to login to my password account to add the PC. Please refund the earlier standalone license charged to me. I thought that I was paying a monthly subscription with the discount for paying a year in advance.

• razbo21
    razbo21
    Community Member

I am having the same problem stating my account has been frozen, i purchased 1password direct from the website many many years ago, no where did it say that i would have to subscribe to this, i have sent 2 email and have had no responses, can someone point me in the right direction,

• Hi @jeankernus - Fantastic! Thank you for the quick reply back. I have refunded you for the duplicate standalone license. You should receive the refund within 7 business days. As far as adding your PC to the account, we have a treat in store for you. You can download 1Password 6 for Windows which is a completely new app and a giant leap forward. To get started, I will include a helpful link below that will guide you through getting set up using 1Password 6 -

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/?win#add-your-account

You can check out some of the new features listed here as well - https://support.1password.com/getting-started-windows/

Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll be happy to help out :-)

• Hi razbo21 - Thank you for reaching out to us over here. I was able to locate your email and I just replied back to you. When you get a chance reply back to me then we can work on this together :+1:

ref: QBK-65132-929

• jeankernus
    jeankernus
    Community Member

Thanks for the help Frank, I seem to be up and running now.

• Fantastic news @jeankernus - keep us posted on what you think of 1Password 6 :-) I really believe you will enjoy the upgraded experience of using 1Password on Windows. If you run into any questions along the way, please feel free to contact us anytime. We're always happy to help out.

• janinemargueron
    janinemargueron
    Community Member

I'm really frustrated. I purchase a licence the 5th ferburary 2015, it works utile the latest update. I was really really satisfied and it's a necessary tools for me. If you change your pricing that's OK but I'm think I'm in right if I ask to have fully access to the latest version that I paid for. I haven't receive a notification or anything else for this change and I'm not OK for that.

Could someone please help me or answer to my questions ?

• Hi janinemargueron - Thank you contacting us and I'm sorry for the troubles. I'll be happy to get this squared away for you. I just replied back to the email you sent over to us. Let's continue the conversation via email so we don't share any private information here. I look forward to your reply and assisting you get back up and running using 1Password :smile:

ref: UTH-46775-933

• Danetag
    Danetag
    Community Member

Hello,

I have the same issue. I started with a free account, then purchased a licence. It created 2 Vaults, a Primary and a new one. It seems that the licence is been applied to the primary Vault, even though I'm using the other one, which got frozen..

How can I apply my licence to my Vaults, knowing they both use the same email account..?

• Hi @Danetag,

Licenses do not apply to 1Password.com accounts. Licenses are for the standalone products, and we're no longer marketing them. Using 1Password standalone is considered an advanced option.

Could you please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com? With your email please include:

• Your purchase details
    • A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/76328/
    • Your forum username: Danetag

When you send the email you'll get an automated response back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here so we can expedite your request. We'll be happy to help you sort this out.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.