To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Who has access to my data?

Options
Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello, today I logged into 1Password with the website. On the right side there is a new "Overview" with "2 people - You have 1 organizer and 1 guest." The "2 people" is blue with a link to my.1password.com/admin/people/members. But I can't open it. When I click on it nothing happens.

What does that mean? I have an "individual plan" for one person only? Who has access to my data? Should I be worried? I'm confused

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

I am seeing it too. It wasn't there before so I assume it's a bug in the UI. Can we get some confirmation that this is a bug?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @pervel
    Thank you, so I'm not the only one. :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pervel, @Philipp: Thank you for bringing this up! That's definitely a UI bug, but you're right to question it. That would have creeped me out too if I hadn't expected it.

The good news is that it doesn't affect your security in any way. Even with a large team with many members (obviously if you have an individual account that's not the case, but bear with me), only those you share a vault with have the keys to decrypt it. And, more to the point, with any 1Password.com account, your Master Password and Account Key are needed to decrypt the data. Since this is only done locally on your device, and these are never transmitted, neither a hacker nor someone else whom is part of your account (or AgileBits) has the keys to your data.

You can read more details on how all of this works in our white paper, and don't hesitate to ask any other questions you may have. In the mean time, we're investigating what's causing this issue, as I'm seeing it on mine too. Thanks again for reporting it!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just a quick update here. We were able to identify the coding error that counted each "individual" user twice — as both a Team Member and a Guest. We'll have a fix deployed soon.

Again, I'm really sorry for the scare. On 1Password Families and Teams we're used to seeing this for members, but while individual accounts are based on the same technology, for obvious reasons that's weird to see. We really appreciate the heads up on this! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It should be fixed now, though you may need to login again to see a change if you're already in. Be sure to let us know if you encounter any further issues!

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed on my end now!

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

Cool, the great Agilebits Team are always there for us! thumbs up

• Ben
    Options