Adding photo using 'Add New File' option shows 'deleted file' and can't be viewed

jszotten
jszotten
Community Member

To reproduce:

1. Go to any login entry in the iOS app
  2. Tap to edit it
  3. Use the option to Add New File
  4. Select an image from the camera roll
  5. Now in the 'Related Item' section there's an entry for the image however it says: (deleted item), [image name].JPG - screenshot: http://share.capsulecrm.com/3p3y222T0C0t
  6. When saved, the image can't be viewed neither on the phone or in the synced item on the Mac.

1Password Version: 6.6 (660005)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @jszotten ,

I'm unable to reproduce it here, but I'd like to get some information from you. Please create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) quickly.

Hopefully that report will let us know what's going wrong.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• jszotten
    jszotten
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_kevin - I've sent that through and my support ID is [#YIA-34838-936].

If you need any more help from my end, just let me know. I'm always happy to help.

Cheers!

• Joe
  • ag_kevin
    edited May 2017

Thanks @jszotten ,

We'll reply when we have more information.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: YIA-34838-936

• Ben Collins
    Ben Collins
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I am trying to add an image of a credit card to an entry in 1Password (for Families) on iOS.

1. I opened the entry
    2. Entered edit mode
    3. I selected "Add New File" from under "Related Items"
    4. Located my image file from my Camera Roll
    5. Entry is "(deleted item)" and underneath is the filename "IMG_8469.JPG"
    6. After saving the entry "(deleted item)" is not able to be selected or displayed.
  • ag_kevin
    edited May 2017

Thanks for the information, Ben. We're looking into this issue.

ref: OPI-3979

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

In case it helps anyone else, if you are trying to add a linked file to an item in a vault different than the one you've set as the default vault for saving (1Password Settings > Vaults > All Vaults), it will fail because items cannot be saved/linked across vaults, as each is encrypted separately. If you switch to the specific vault for the item first, you can add the file, as it can then be saved and linked successfully. :)

This discussion has been closed.