I Lost My Data File, But...

OK, it was totally my fault for not backing up the darned thing and being complacent about leaving it in the default location. So I think when I updated to the latest version of 1Password, I lost my data file. But, when I retrieved the folder from the trash, the data file WAS NOT THERE. Or so it seems. There is no file with the appropriate name/file extension ANYWHERE on my computer.

I've searched on 1Password, on Agile, on .agilekeychain, and I've found nothing. I am out of ideas. And I have not emptied the trash. (Actually, I immediately pulled everything out of the trash and stashed it in a folder for now.)

Am I totally, um, up a creek here? I shudder to think that I will have to rebuild the entire database manually, especially as I have been depending on it instead of my memory for logins, tracking license codes, etc. Thankfully, it's not grown beyond software and email and website ID stuff.

So, what do I do next?

Thanks.

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, Suzeeee33... I wish it were under better circumstances!

Did you just upgrade from 1Password 2 to 1Password 3? If so, it sounds like you might have not yet upgraded your data file to the Agile format, which is required for 1Password 3. To fix this:

1. Drag your existing copy of the 1Password application to the Trash.

2. Download and then install 1Password 2 http://agile.ws/downloads; you will find it near the bottom of the page. You need this old version of 1Password to migrate your data.

3. Run 1Password 2 and click 1Password > Preferences > Keychain.

4. Click the "Switch to Agile Keychain" button and follow the instructions.

5. Click "Create New Keychain".

6. You may see many "Always Allow/Deny/Allow" prompts. Make sure to click Allow or Always Allow for each item. After that you can download and install 1Password 3:
    https://agilewebsolutions.com/downloads

Please move the old copy of 1Password to the Trash and quit any running web browsers before installing the new version.

If you *were* previously running 1Password 3 successfully on this system could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then sending the report to us at support@agile.ws using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.
  • Suzeeee33
    edited December 1969
    Sadly, was running version 3 point something. Will send report. I am really frustrated here. And I am bummed. Totally LOVE my 1Password.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Suzeeee33 wrote:
    Sadly, was running version 3 point something. Will send report. I am really frustrated here. And I am bummed. Totally LOVE my 1Password.

We'll await your Diagnostics and get you fixed up if we can.
This discussion has been closed.