Folders replaced by Tags in 1Password.com subscription accounts

Options
emelum
emelum
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

I upgraded to the subscription plan and lost my custom categories.

1. There is apparently a Bank category, but it is not showing up. How do I move my existing Bank login into the invisible "Bank" category?
  2. Is it possible to add new custom categories? I used to have a brokerage category as well as one for different family members. All gone now.

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:categories

Comments

• emelum
    emelum
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I think I see the problem is that folders have been eliminated (why?) in favor of tags. But the folders didn't migrate to the tags, so I will have to put them in myself.

The question of how to get my Bank login into the Bank category still remains.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @emelum,

Thanks for writing in to ask us about this! Indeed, 1Password subscription accounts use Tags instead of Folders - sorry for any confusion! As for the "why", it's basically because Tags serve the same basic function as folders, plus you can assign multiple tags to each item (whereas an item could only be added to a single folder).

The question of how to get my Bank login into the Bank category still remains.

There's no option to convert an item to a different type of item. However, if you have Login items containing usernames/passwords to sign into bank websites, you'll want to leave those as Logins. A Login is a special item category in 1Password which is designed to fill sign-in forms on websites. A Bank Account item doesn't fill web forms at all - it's meant to keep track of information about your actual bank account which you wouldn't normally need to fill on a website. Bank accounts and website accounts are really two different kinds of accounts, used for different purposes, so they each have their own categories in 1Password.

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.