1Password 6 Version 6.6.2 (662005) Error and problem

Options
DoctorDan
DoctorDan
Community Member

Hi, After I manually installed the latest update and launched the app it threw an OSX Crash dialog. When I clicked "Reopen" 1PW put up a "Problem Report" box. I added my name and email and clicked "Send".

I reopened 1PW and the Problem Report reappeared (with the info all filled in but all the buttons disabled. This box lacks the standard red, yellow and green dots in the title bar so there is no way to dismiss it.

The details box contents are too long to include here and it isn't obvious how to add an attachment so... what next?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@doctordan,

This sounds like you've possibly got a number of cached crash reports lined up for submission, most likely as a result of the 1Password 6.5.3 launch issue. Unfortunately they only submit one at a time. Did you use the same email address that you used for your forums account?

Rudy

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member
    Options

If it was an email addr that I had to type then it was different from my forum account (which I set up when I was playing around with Blur). The problem has not reappeared since I restarted everything.

• rudy
    Options

@DoctorDan,

That it didn't reappear makes me think my theory is correct and you just had a couple of reports lined up for submission.

Let us know if it crops back up again.

Rudy

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member
    Options

I just installed a Sierra update which, of course, required a reboot. When I launched 1PW it crashed. Generating diags now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoctorDan: I don't see anything in our system from this address. Could you post the Support ID you received here so we can track it down?

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

That's a difficult question. When I registered with the forum I was trying out what is now call Blur. It creates obfuscated email addresses and them forwards the replies to me. I normally use Thunderbird which lets me change the from field of new messages but on the Mac, where the crash is occurring, the diag app insists on launching Apple mail which won't allow editing the From field. The uploaded dians probably came from [email addresses removed by moderator]. I included the forum email [email addresse removed by moderator] on the fist line of the message what had the diags attached to it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoctorDan: Got it! Thank you. I'm not seeing the issue there so I've asked @rudy for a second opinion. We'll get back to you shortly!

ref: HUB-91439-996

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.