suggestion for improvement of safety to use touch ID

wijnand
wijnand
Community Member

I have an iPhone and I use Touch ID to unlock a couple of apps.
Recently a friend of mine changed my iPhone's touchID with his prints for fun. When I found out, I changed it again.
Some apps noticed this change and unabled the use of Touch ID for unlocking because of this change. I first had to use the password or security code to enable Touch ID again.
The 1password app didn't ask for this, so I think this should be added to the app.

1Password Version: fully updated
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS max update
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestions, @wijnand. We have filed this request with our development team for consideration. No promises, but we will look into it. :)

Ben

ref: OPI-3419

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

@wijnand For anyone to add prints to Touch ID on an iPhone, they have to type the passcode for your iPhone to do this. So he knows your iPhones passcode if he is doing this.

I just went on my iPhones settings > Touch ID & Passcode to add a finger print and I immediately got this:

• wijnand
    wijnand
    Community Member

i know he knows. And there are more who do. I think the option I mentioned could be a good solution, since many people share with a few others their iPhone's unlocking code, but they do not intent to allow them into 1Password via this route. The feature of needing to use your master password again after a change in Touch ID is just another safety measure, please include it.

• wijnand
    wijnand
    Community Member

Because the password to my iPhone is less private to me, than everything that's in 1password ;)

• Thanks. It is something our development team has been asked to look into. In the mean time, it may be wise to disable Touch ID for 1Password if you plan on giving our your iOS passcode.

Ben

• asljc
    asljc
    Community Member

Hello,

just wanted to let you know that I'm also interested in this kind of feature.
    Even if you use an alphanumerical passcode with your iPhone it would increase the security of the application as it may be possible to circumvent the iOS passcode if a severe bug has been introduced into iOS.

Kind regards.

• Thanks for the feedback, @asljc.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.