Help! One of my team is trying to login a site using 1password teams it showing 3 logins.

Help my boss is trying to log into a site but is seeing 3 logins for the account and when she clicks on one its says info is incorrect - how do we fix it!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Help! - One of my team is trying to login to a site using 1password teams - it is showing 3 logins

Comments

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @TraceyWhetstine !

Thanks for reaching out! :)

It sounds like your boss stored some passwords into their 1Password vault, but one of the passwords that they stored is incorrect. 1Password can store and fill in passwords for you using the browser extension, however, we do not have the capability to actually change the passwords for your web accounts. In shorter terms, we can help with storing and filling in passwords, but you have to change your passwords manually on the sites that you use, as 1Password can not do this for you.

If your boss is getting an invalid credentials error, then the problem most likely lies within the site that he or she is trying to log into. I would recommend contacting the site that your boss is trying to log into for more information on how to change his or hers password for that site.

Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions or concerns! I'm always happy to help! :)

• TraceyWhetstine
    TraceyWhetstine
    Community Member

Hi Brian - no I don't think that's it. As I updated the password for the site myself.
    If she clicks on the 1password option to open a website with the password saved under logins shouldn't that open the site?
    Do you think she may need to clear the cache?

• TraceyWhetstine
    TraceyWhetstine
    Community Member

Here is what is happening...https://screencast.com/t/QkUMENgsGM6

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni

Hey @TraceyWhetstine ,

Thanks for the video, that helps provide some context. Have you tried the other two login items in the list to see if either of those work? It could be that the first one in the list is an old copy of the website that contains the password before it was changed.

Steven

• TraceyWhetstine
    TraceyWhetstine
    Community Member

Will try how do we get rid of the old ones?

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni

Hey Tracey,

To remove an older item, Edit the item, then click on "Move to trash".

Steven

• TraceyWhetstine
    TraceyWhetstine
    Community Member

How do we get rid of the old logins - delete the cache?

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni

Hey Tracey, the instructions above are correct for how to delete an item. Once you do this the item will be moved to the trash and will no longer show up in the search window. There is no cache to delete.

Does this help?

Steven

This discussion has been closed.