ios not showing new data?

silsurf
silsurf
Community Member
edited March 2017 in iOS

I recently started using stronger password and using 1P generator to create unique passwords.

For some reason 1P is not currently syncing to my vault, which resides in my dropbox.

I changed my master password on my desktop and a few days later was prompted to merge to data files in 1p that differed on my ios. I did this, but the new passwords I am creating on my desktop are not showing up on my ios?

I have checked the vault on my desktop, it is all good, I have checked the sync setting on my ios and they are all correct (says it was last sync a few minutes ago) But if I search the ios for my google acct, I dont see the new saved password?

Kind of need those passwords pretty bad on my phone as I have changed to LONG 1p generated passwords and now getting prompts on my phone to change passwords in things like (google) which is the first 2-step main account I have changed.

I hope to resolve this quickly, thanks for any support

Henry

Sorry,
V 6.6.2
OSX 10.12.3
Sync via Dropbox

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi Henry,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Please try turning off Dropbox sync on both devices, and then re-enable it, starting with the computer.

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

Ben

• silsurf
    silsurf
    Community Member

hmm, what's odd is that after stopping and starting, the desktop decided to use a different path for the vault /dropbox/apps/1password

But I have been using the default location since I started using 1P. I dont mind the change, but how come no one told me?

• silsurf
    silsurf
    Community Member

The second part of that is, can I safely remove the older 1P folders? There are three "1P" which contains my license, "1Pass Backups" containing multiple backups and the old "1Password.agilekeychain" which is not in a folder, but just lose in the Dropbox folder?

thanks,

Henry

• Hi @silsurf,

Thanks for the update. Just to confirm: things are working now?

~/Dropbox/Apps/1Password has been the default data file location for a while. I checked the release notes but after a quick search I don't see when the change happened. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this change, but I don't suspect this had anything to do with your difficulty syncing.

The second part of that is, can I safely remove the older 1P folders? There are three "1P" which contains my license, "1Pass Backups" containing multiple backups and the old "1Password.agilekeychain" which is not in a folder, but just lose in the Dropbox folder?

The 1Password.agilekeychain file that is no longer in use can be moved to the trash, but I'd suggest waiting to empty the trash until you've confirmed syncing is working.

The other two items are not created by 1Password. They must be something you've created? As such they'd be at your discretion. :)

Ben

• silsurf
    silsurf
    Community Member

thanks very much

• You're most welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

• silsurf
    silsurf
    Community Member

Ben,

Looks like i spoke too soon.

My desktop and my ios are using the new vault (all good) but my laptop is still using the old vault. I tried double clicking the new vault to see if that would prompt 1p to make the new one the dedault, but i was prompted to add it and give it a new name, which i dont want to do as it is currently running smoothly on the other two devices.

I imagine there us a simple answer, but dont want to muck things up, so I will await your guidance.

Henry

• Hi Henry,

On your laptop please open 1Password > Preferences > Sync > Primary. You'll need to disable syncing and then re-enable it.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.