MacOS 10.12.3 - No Sync Button Available

Options
ibirnam
ibirnam
Community Member

I already have a vault, and am setting it up on a new computer (Macbook Air, 10.12.3). I downloaded the 1Password client (6.6.2) through the Mac App store. I then logged in to my account via the Accounts tab in preferences. I currently have a partial version of my vault, but I want it to sync with Dropbox. However, there is no Sync button in preferences.

How can I get Dropbox Sync to show?

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:MacOS 10.12.3 Client - No Sync in Preferences

Comments

• ibirnam
    ibirnam
    Community Member
    Options

I fixed the issue by logging out of my account, and then re-syncing with Dropbox

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ibirnam,

I'm happy to hear you were able to solve the problem! Just make sure you sign into your account again (from 1Password > Preferences > Accounts), otherwise the Mac App Store version of 1Password will go into "read-only" mode (signing into a 1Password.com account fully activates the app).

If you have any questions or need more help, just let us know - we're here for you! :)

• takashi_fukaishi
    takashi_fukaishi
    Community Member
    Options

再度サインインするために、設定のアカウント画面でサインアウトすると、1Passwordのログイン画面に遷移し、設定のアカウント画面で再度サインインすることができません。ログイン画面でログインすると、すでに設定のアカウント画面には私のアカウントが表示されており、同期ボタンは表示されません。同期ボタンが表示される方法を詳細に説明願います。

• BugsysDad
    BugsysDad
    Community Member
    Options

I'm just curious - if you are using the account tab in 1Password to login - doesn't that login eliminate the need to sync with DropBox? It did in my case - so I was wondering if I am missing something here. I thought the 1Password.com account login took care of all the syncing within itself. Thanks :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @takashi_fukaishi,

I used Google Translate to read your message, here are the results:

If you sign out on the settings account screen in order to sign in again, you will be able to switch to the 1Password login screen and sign in again on the account screen of the settings. When logging in on the login screen, my account is already displayed on the account screen already set, and the synchronization button is not displayed. Please explain in detail how the synchronization button is displayed.

If I understand, you're asking about why you don't see the Sync tab in 1Password > Preferences. If you set up the 1Password app by signing into a 1Password.com account, you won't see the Sync tab in Preferences because those settings don't apply to 1Password.com accounts: the data in your account automatically syncs through our own servers, so you don't need to configure any sync settings or use a third party sync service such as Dropbox or iCloud.

However, if you have 1Password data in Dropbox or iCloud that is missing from the 1Password app, you can create a local "Primary" vault in 1Password which will have those sync settings. You can do that by going to 1Password > Preferences > Advanced and enabling "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". Once you've created the local "Primary" vault, you can find its sync settings in Preferences > Sync.

Hopefully that helps, but if I misunderstood your question, please let us know! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BugsysDad,

Indeed, you're correct! When using a 1Password.com account, there's no need for any sync settings or third party sync services, because your data automatically syncs through our own servers.

It's possible someone might end up in a situation where they install 1Password on a new Mac and sign into a 1Password.com account, but then realize they still have data in Dropbox which they didn't migrate to their account. In that case, they would need to create a local vault in 1Password in order to sync their data from Dropbox (and then they can move it from that vault to their account). Situations like that are fairly uncommon though, so it's not something most customers will need to worry about.

I hope that answers your question, but we're here for you if you have more! :)

• takashi_fukaishi
    takashi_fukaishi
    Community Member
    Options

アドバイスどおりにしたところ同期ボタンが表示されました。
    ありがとうございました。

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Translation from Google Translate:

The synchronization button was displayed as I did according to the advice.
    Thank you very much.

You're very welcome! It sounds like you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need any help with 1Password, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.