How do I get 1password to stop asking me to log in to save a password?

On sites like bank sites where 1password doesn't work, or sites where I use apple keychain to autofill. Secondarily, are there any tips for getting autofill to work on sites? Apple keychain fills in automatically without any further keystrokes, am I missing something that 1password is supposed to do? I only fill sites with the extension, which often requires extras steps....

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how to permanently stop requests to save passwords

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @nelly2010,

1Password doesn't autofill. As a security precaution we only fill a page when instructed to by the user so you're not missing anything, it sounds like 1Password is behaving as intended. What you might find useful is the keyboard shortcut ⌘\. If you have a matching Login item for the page loaded in the active tab and you have only one matching Login item 1Password will fill the page with no further interaction required. If you have two or more Login items that match 1Password will make the 1Password mini menu visible so you can select which to use.

You can also instruct 1Password to not ask to save for a particular domain. The next time 1Password asks for a site that you want it to ignore click on the little cog icon in the lower left hand corner of the 1Password - Save Login window. A small menu will open up and offer you an option titled Never Autosave for this Site. Selecting this will add this domain to the ignore list that can be edited at any time from the Browsers tab of 1Password's preferences.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions about 1Password :smile:

• dwang
    dwang
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

I've found where to list sites that you don't want it to ask for via the desktop app (Win 10), but I can't figure out how to do it via the Chrome extension. When I login 1Password promts me with this window and there's no way to set it to not ask anymore from this interface.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dwang,

Unfortunately, 1Password 6 for Windows doesn't have a way to add a website from that window - yet. Hopefully in the future it will be possible to do this but for now the only method is to use the Options in the main 1Password 6 for Windows app.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.