To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating data between vaults on Mac

Options
peterkeanu
peterkeanu
Community Member

Hi! I had a standalone license on Mac,Windows,iphone and I just purchased the individual version. I have created a vault, but I don't know how to migrate my passwords from the primary(standalone account) to the new individual vault. If I go to preferences on my Mac it shows the new vault but is empty. What do I need to do in order to migrate it over and erase the primary vault I have( passwords saved locally on Dropbox).
Thanks

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @peterkeanu - Great question and congrats on the new Individual account :-)

To migrate your data over to your Personal vault -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar, choose "Switch to Vault" and select your Primary vault from the list > Select all of the items by pressing Command-A after clicking one of the items in the list > Click Item in the menu bar, choose Share > Personal > Move. I will also include a helpful link below -

https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/#to-move-items-in-the-apps

Once your data has been moved over, you can then delete your Primary vault -

Open and unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" and choose Primary from the list > Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Delete Vault" from the drop down list. You will have to enter your master password before you can delete the vault.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any additional questions :+1:

• peterkeanu
    peterkeanu
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info.I managed to import everything, but I have a major issue. I have a lot of files and pdf's that were stored under different licenses or other type of documents and after the import they are all separated. Now if I go and want to open a passport for example, it shows me all the other info but as an attachment will open up the attached file under a documents folder.
    When I had the standalone primary vault, all of that

• peterkeanu
    peterkeanu
    Community Member
    Options

Another issue I have is the work computer...It doesn't let me log in,the following fault comes up:" Unable to sign in,please check details provided and your network connection."
    The only way I can use it here is with a browser, which is very time consuming.
    Thanks

• Blue_Ridge_Guy
    Blue_Ridge_Guy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I suggest changing the title of this thread to "Migrating data between vaults on Mac and/or Deleting vault on Mac"

• Frank
    Options

Hi @peterkeanu - You're welcome and I'm glad the information helped. Yes, attachments are now located in the Documents category so now all your attachments are in a single location. Linked items will not carry over during the migration process. You can re-link the items using 1Password on your Mac but linked items are not supported in the web app. I apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate the constructive feedback here.

As for trying to log into your account on your PC, do you have any firewall or security software installed that could be interfering with the connection to our servers. Can you try to sign into the account again and send us over a screenshot of the error? Please make sure to mask any private information from the screenshot, we just need to see the error then we'll be in a better position to help you :-)

Keep us posted and let us know if you have any additional questions as well :+1:

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Blue_Ridge_Guy - I'm happy to hear the information in this thread helped you. We appreciate the feedback on changing the title but I would like to respect the customer who created the topic and leave it the way it is for now. Thanks again and let us know if you have any questions. We're happy to help.

• peterkeanu
    peterkeanu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank! Thanks for the help... As I mentioned, the laptop I have issues with(log in) is a work laptop, so I assume there is a security software that prevents me to log into my 1Password account and there isn't much of a screen shoot I could do, is just that message I mentioned above between quotation marks that comes up(Unable to sign in,please check details provided and your network connection).
    My question is how do I bypass that or what do I need to do in order to log in?
    Thanks

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @peterkeanu sounds like you're using a proxy at work to go to the internet. Is that possible? If you I think you have to add this proxy in the 1Password settings.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @peterkeanu - I think @Manaburner is onto something here... Can you double check you're not running a proxy at work? This will definitely cause an interruption with connecting to our severs to validate you when logging into the account. Is there anyway you can disable it to see if that was causing the issue with the connection? Keep us posted.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@peterkeanu: Indeed, as Manaburner mentioned, often proxy or "security" software will interfere with the connection and prevent authentication fro happening properly. Since security is paramount, 1Password.com won't work unless there's a direct, secure connection between you and the server. That's the only way we can be sure no one is intercepting your communications with us to try to eavesdrop. Let us know what you find!

• peterkeanu
    peterkeanu
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. I will try everything and let you know

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good! :) :+1:

• peterkeanu
    peterkeanu
    Community Member
    Options

Good Morning guys! So, for now the way I got around it is that I logged into my 1 Password account at home( I took the work computer home and authenticated 1 Password under my personal network), I brought it back at it works. The only thing is that I don't know how is going to behave with the syncs and future updates? I guess time will tell.
    Thanks for all the info and help.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @peterkeanu - Fantastic! Thank you for updating us :-) If you run into any issues with syncing, please feel free to reply back to us here and we'll do our best to help out :+1: I'm glad to hear everything is working at the moment and keep us posted.

This discussion has been closed.