To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to disassociate my email from 1password?

DannyNYC718
DannyNYC718
Community Member

I started a 30-day trial yesterday. After adding some stuff and installing a browser extension, I decided I wanted to start fresh-I deleted everything through 1password and then deleted the app from my mac. Then i downloaded it again, but when it says to enter my email address, I use the same one I used when I first downloaded 1password- it says an account already exists with this email. How can I change this? I thought about just using a different email, but I don't want to get charged for the first one, when my 30 day trial ends. What should I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do i ask a question

Comments

• Hi @DannyNYC718 - Sorry for the troubles. Did you sign out of your previous account before deleting the app? If you want to start over with a clean slate, you can reset 1Password completely which will wipe everything clean. If that works for you, I'll include a link below that will walk you through getting this done -

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/#reset-1password

Keep in mind, this will erase everything and you will start again from the welcome screen. Just want to make sure you understand and let me know if you have any additional questions.

• DannyNYC718
    DannyNYC718
    Community Member

That's how i deleted everything the first time. Then I deleted the actual app and all the extensions from my computer. I downloaded it again and when i open it up it asks for an email. I use the email that I used before deleting everything= and it says this email is associated with an account. Is that normal? Should I use another email address? And what will happen in 29 days, when the trial runs out?

• Hi @DannyNYC718 - I hope you're staying safe with all the snow in the northeast. Sorry, now we're on the same page. Yes, you're Individual account is still active with your current email address. In order to start over completely, you have to delete your Individual account then you will be able to re-create the account using the same email address. Sorry about that. If you can't remember your login details to delete the account, let me know and I'll send you over an email so you can delete it.

When the trial ends, you have to add a credit card to the billing page to keep it active. You will still be able to access all of your data but certain features such as editing a login or adding something new requires you to subscribe. You can read a little more here about what you can or can't do when an account is frozen - https://support.1password.com/frozen-account/

I hope this helped a bit more and let me know if you have any further questions. :+1:

• DannyNYC718
    DannyNYC718
    Community Member

Hi @Frank ,
    First off thanks for responding to my first post and now to this one. And yes- I'm inside today, as the actual cold weather is more of a problem than the snow. So based on what you said, I think this will be the best option for me. I'm going to register with a different password. As for the email account , that I used first and now cannot- I just won't provide Credit Card info after the trial ends. And will provide cc info for the different email account that I will use now. What do you think of that method?

• Hi @DannyNYC718 - You're welcome, yes, stay warm!! How about this, I can send you over a special link that will give you the ability to delete the original account then you can create a new account using the same email address. Let me know if that works better for you and if not, you're free to sign up using a different email address :+1:

• DannyNYC718
    DannyNYC718
    Community Member

@Frank
    Sure,I'm willing to try that, but here's a question would it make a difference if I use my apple ID, as this will be synced across 3-4 apple devices? Thanks.

• Hi @DannyNYC718 - One of the benefits of having a 1Password membership is we take care of all the syncing on our end. So it doesn't matter which email address you use to sign up for the account. The choice is completely up to you :-)

I just sent you over an email with a special link that will give you the ability to delete the account. Please note, this will delete any data that is currently associated to that account. Let me know if you have any questions or if you didn't receive the email from us.

• DannyNYC718
    DannyNYC718
    Community Member

Hi @Frank ,

Just got the email and deleted the account successfully according to 1passsword. Will try to run it again in about 10 minutes. Should I reply to the email or post here? Thanks again.

• Hi @DannyNYC718 - When you're ready to re-create the account, you can post here if you run into any questions along the way. We'll be happy to help out. :-)

• DannyNYC718
    DannyNYC718
    Community Member

@Frank
    I will for sure. Thanks.

• Anytime! We're here to help :-)

• DannyNYC718
    DannyNYC718
    Community Member

Hi @Frank ,
    So I downloaded 1password from the App Store on my mac desktop, but I think I'd be better off starting from your website. Can you send me that emai with the option to delete the account again? The one you sent earlier expired. Also how long do those emails typically last?
    Thanks again.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DannyNYC718 - You don't need to re-create your account when switching from the version from Mac App Store to the one from our website. You can continue to use it there. When you launch the version from the website, just sign in to your account and you're all set! :)

• DannyNYC718
    DannyNYC718
    Community Member

Hi @Roman,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I figured out how to do it, but I'm having some troubles with the program. I tried Youtube for some tutorials , but they're not updated , so what they''re showing is different from what I see on my screen. Where would be a good place to start?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

@DannyNYC718 - New software can indeed be a challenge, but I think once you get the hang of it, you'll find that we went out of our way to make life easy and secure. :)

A good starting point would be to make sure you have 1Password on all the devices you use. To learn more about the individual apps on each device, I'd recommend checking out the appropriate articles from the Get Started category.

Finally, I'd recommend looking into our browser extension, as it will make storing and using your passwords a lot easier.

You will find that most of the articles I linked to have a section - often near the bottom - that will link you to additional resources related to the article you're reading. Follow these links to get a broader view on what 1Password can do for you.

And of course: If you need clarification on what's described in our articles, do not hesitate to contact us. We'll be happy to help (and adjust the documentation where necessary!) :)

• DannyNYC718
    DannyNYC718
    Community Member

Hi-I am starting to get the hang of it through your websites support pages. I'm in the process of creating new passwords and I was wondering how that would work on my iPhone. I have 1password downloaded on my iPhone, so would everything sync or how does that work? If you have a support page-please send a link. Thanks.

• Marion_Pellegrino
    Marion_Pellegrino
    Community Member

Hi @DannyNYC718, I am also learning how to create new passwords directly from my iPhone. So here is how I did it:
    log in to the app > enter my master password > in Categories tap + > choose the type of item to create > enter the details > tap Save.
    Everything sync automatically on all the devices :D .
    This link helped me a lot.
    And this link would be my second step.
    Good luck!

• Hey @DannyNYC718,

Glad to hear you're starting to figure everything out! Let us know if @Marion_Pellegrino's awesome reply helps, or if you have any more questions along the way!

• DannyNYC718
    DannyNYC718
    Community Member

Thanks to everyone that has been helping me. The support is amazing. So I'm writing this on my iPhone and I needed to log in to post. I opened the iOS 1Password app, copied the password and pasted in. I feel like there's an easier way, but to be honest I haven't had much time to sit and learn. Am I right about the easier way?

• Hi @DannyNYC718 - I'm glad you asked :-) Yes, you can set up the extension on your iPhone so you don't have to copy and paste. I will include the link below and let us know if you run into any questions along the way -

https://support.1password.com/ios-extension/#set-up-the-1password-extension

This discussion has been closed.