Fixing duplicates, how to login in

haragsdale
haragsdale
Community Member

Ugh ... 1Password used to work so well.

I am a user across Windows, Mac, and iOS, was syncing with Dropbox and sharing with my wife and have been for 3-4 years. I upgraded to 1Password 6 (as a matter of course, and it has a nicer UI) but could no longer take the inability to edit "local vault" (aka only vault) in Windows version. So I signed up for Families this morning. And I followed the instructions to copy my entries over to Families. And to log out of my Dropbox vault (which took 3-4 tries, including doing it under Folder and under Dropbox). Now I have two problems:

1. Dupes for every single one of my 200 entries
  2. Had to change my master password, and the Windows app won't accept my new password, only the old one. Doesn't make sense to me that the old one would apply any more. Before I set up my non-techie wife on this, it needs to work with a single password.

As an editorial, I don't appreciate this overhead. Can't see how this is better for me than before. I'm even willing to pay the extra $5/month to merely keep my old functionality; everybody including Agile Bits has to make money, else the product can't be supported. But I really resent the use of an hour of my time this morning, including establishing new accounts, new password, new vault, etc., and that it still doesn't work. Used to be install one app, point to Dropbox folder, enter one password, and done.

I am not a neophyte, don't understand why it needs to be this hard.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:duplicates

Comments

• Hi @haragsdale - Thank you for reaching out to us and I appreciate the additional details you included.

Dupes for every single one of my 200 entries

Do you still have your Primary vault within the 1Password apps? If so, you can delete the Primary vault which should take care of he duplicates. Basically your Personal vault will replace your Primary vault going forward once all your existing data has been migrated over.

On Windows, you can use the link below to remove your Primary vault -

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#to-remove-the-old-vault-from-1password-6

On a Mac - Open and unlock 1Password > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" and choose Primary from the list > Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Delete Vault" from the drop down list. You will have to enter your master password before you can delete the vault.

Had to change my master password, and the Windows app won't accept my new password, only the old one. Doesn't make sense to me that the old one would apply any more. Before I set up my non-techie wife on this, it needs to work with a single password.

Sorry for the confusion. Once your Primary vault is removed, the apps will revert to your 1Password.com master password. The password you created when you signed up for the account online. Your original password was tied to your Primary vault which is why 1Password was asking for that password to unlock the apps.

I hope this helps a bit. I really do appreciate the constructive feedback and we're doing our best to simplify and improve the experience but I can completely understand where you're coming from and it helps us understand where we can improve to make things better. Let me know if you have any additional questions and if this information helped you. Enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.