To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

deleting accounts

Options
Dan_Cantwell
Dan_Cantwell
Community Member

Due to lack of understanding of the difference between family and individual products, I installed family. I then tried to convert it to single. I now have two accounts, one with the my.1password.com sign in and another with .1password.com. I have three account keys and at least five vaults! Too much! I need to delete all the accounts and reset 1password, or delete it completely, then try again. I have all the data backed up on a thumb drive in both 1pif and csv forms. What do I do to delete everything? I have two active email addresses, both are associated with 1ps accounts.

1Password Version: 5 or 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Due to lack of understanding of the difference between family and individual products, I installed family. I then tried to convert it to single. I now have two accounts, one with the my.1password.com sign in and another with .1password.com. I have three account keys and at least five vaults! Too much! I need to delete all the accounts and reset 1password, or delete it completely, then try again. I have all the data backed up on a thumb drive in both 1pif and csv forms. What do I do to delete everything? I have two active email addresses, both are associated with 1ps accounts.

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Dan_Cantwell - Thank you for reaching out to us. I was able to locate both 1Password.com accounts. You currently have an Individual and Families account. The Individual account you already deleted and I just sent you over a special link to delete the Families account if you want to start with a clean slate.

When you sign up for a Families plan you have the ability to invite up to 5 family members per subscription. Each family member has access all of our apps (Windows, Mac, Android and iOS). You can even view your 1Password data via the web from any device. There is no sync set up required since we take care of all the syncing on our end. Each family member by default receives a Personal & Shared vault. Personal vaults can only be accessed by that member, not by you or anyone else. All members also get access to a Shared vault, and you can create additional vaults to share with specific members and manage things a bit more.

Our Individual account includes all the same benefits of a Families account minus the ability to share 1Password data with family or friends. It's a single user account. We include. 30 day free trial with either account giving you a chance to test drive all the features. You can now create a new account using your email address. Sorry again for any confusion and keep me posted if you have any questions or didn't receive the link I sent you.

• Dan_Cantwell
    Dan_Cantwell
    Community Member
    Options

Have deleted the family account. Logged into my residual secondary email address @cox.net and installed a new copy. I thought this was a single user account only. However I get an authentication error message and it still refers back to the old centurylink address and the account, associated with the family account which was deleted.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Dan_Cantwell - Thank you for the update. Just to make sure we're on the same page. I checked and both accounts have been deleted. Are you trying to sign up for an Individual account and you can't use the same email address as before? Keep me posted and I apologize for the confusion.

• Dan_Cantwell
    Dan_Cantwell
    Community Member
    Options

When I signed into my.1password, it took me directly to the screen with the multiple steps to “get the app” and then I installed it. When I opened the 1ps program, I got the authentication error. I then did a reset all 1PS data. I have now added the backed up data, but am unclear as to which account key and email address this is associated with. Do I need to “start over” start a trial and get a new account key?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Dan_Cantwell - When I check on our end both your Individual account and Families account have been both deleted. Did you sign up using a different email address? If so let me know then we can move the conversation over to email as I don't want to share that information here. :+1:

• Dan_Cantwell
    Dan_Cantwell
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. As I indicated the email we have been using with you was associated with the family and a single account and the sign-in-address was via 1password.com. The email that is associated with the program I am now trying to load is associated with the my.1password sign-in link. I agree that I do not want to share more details over this forum. What is the next step.

• Frank
    Options

Hi Dan_Cantwell - Alright so let's get started, I just sent you over an email so we can continue the conversation over there :-) When you get a chance reply back to me then we can work on this together.

ref: VRC-84675-691

• Dan_Cantwell
    Dan_Cantwell
    Community Member
    Options

Got your email. My reply will come to you via the working Cox email account!

• Frank
    Options

Perfect and thank you of the heads up :-) I look forward to your reply.

• mrfox21
    mrfox21
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I want to delete one account, because I lost access to it and registered with another e-mail.

• Frank
    Options

Hi mrfox21 - Thank you for reaching out to us over here. I sent you over an email so we can get this squared away for you :+1: When you get a chance reply back to my email so I can assist you with your request. :-)

ref: HKW-35949-829

• gennyaustin
    gennyaustin
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hello,

I currently have two accounts on 1Password, but only want one--the Family version. In the middle of March when I first heard of 1Password I signed up for a free trial just for myself, but the next day realized that it would be smarter for me to get a family version--so I created the [Removed by AgileBits] family account. I downloaded the individual version from the Apple store, which I now realize was my mistake, because I just got charged for next month. I have never been able to get on to that account, as you will see when you look up my accounts. I use the family account often, and am planning on renewing it today so it doesn't get frozen, but I'm really hoping you can help me cancel the account that says [Removed by AgileBits]. Since I have never used it I am hoping and expecting that you can help me get a refund as well. It is very confusing trying to find out how to log in for people who downloaded from the App store. I've never had issues with the Family Account, but tried several times to log in to the individual account so I could delete it with no success. You will see that there is no information at all on the individual account (since I never successfully logged on).

Please help me delete the [Removed by AgileBits] account! I really like the product but am frustrated that I got charged when it could've been avoided if I had been able to log on.

To confirm, I do NOT want to delete my family account.
    I do NOT have a master password or secret key for my individual account. I have looked in all of my emails and cannot find anything that has helped me.

Thanks!

• Frank
    Options

Hi gennyaustin - Sorry for the troubles and I appreciate the additional details you provided. It looks like you sent us over an email as well. I just replied back to your email so we can work on this together. This is a public forum so there was some information I had to remove from your post. Let's continue the conversation via email and I look forward to working with you :smile:

ref: KPK-97843-571

• bigdave78
    bigdave78
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm super confused with what i have done. A long while back i purchased the app on ios and set up my account there. I then had the app downloaded on my mac at home and had a vault linked to that.

Today, i tried to revisit the whole thing it said my trail had expired, I figured you switched to a subcription model so signed up. But now I have an account on the iphone and online that works - but my chrome browser extension links back to whatever account i had previously on the desktop - it wants my old master password and just says the trial has expired once i am in and chrome wont save and update any passwords whilst im browsing.

I tried to uninstall off my mac but when i re-installed it just seemed to remember my old master password leading me into the 'trial expired account' ?

Any ideas?

At work - do i have to download the desktop app there for the extension to work?

cheers

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bigdave78

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble! We'd be happy to help you get sorted out here.

Let me start by answering your question about the extension:

At work - do i have to download the desktop app there for the extension to work?

Yes, the extension cannot work without the desktop app. You can download the app here, and then sign into your account within the app:

Downloads - 1Password

As for the mixup going on with your iPhone and home Mac I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• Your forum handle: bigdave78
    • A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/76637/

so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the reports and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• bigdave78
    bigdave78
    Community Member
    Options

your support ID is [#QTD-37685-453].

all done. although the iOS diagnostic goes straight from the app so i couldnt attach to an email.

thanks

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @bigdave78. I received your Mac report and will follow up with you via email shortly. :)

Ben

ref: QTD-37685-453

• Gilberto_Garcia
    Gilberto_Garcia
    Community Member
    Options

I would like my account completely deleted so I can try this again. I tried changing my master password and everything went downhill from there. Now the app is in read only mode and I can't do anything with it which makes it useless at this point. I have tried every solution in regards to starting over according to the website but to no avail. So is there any way that my account can be completely deleted so I can try this again or can I just buy the app for the annual $35.99 listed skipping the free trial?

• Frank
    Options

Hi Gilberto_Garcia - I'll be happy to help out and thank you for contacting us here. In order to protect your privacy, I just sent over an email so we can work on this together. Let's continue the conversation via email and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Have a great day!

ref: ZQF-68888-945

This discussion has been closed.