Synchronizing

Options
arjanm83
arjanm83
Community Member

Dear 1Password,

I want to backup my passwords, but I don't want to use Dropbox or iCloud.

I'm a user of Google Drive, and I use 1Password on my iPhone.

Can you please implement google drive for synchronizing my data?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @arjanm83

We do not have any plans to implement additional 3rd party sync services, such as Google Drive; sorry. But you may find our 1Password.com membership service to be a suitable solution. It includes access to the latest versions of all of our apps, as well as the ability to access all of your information from any device simply by signing into your 1Password account.

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

You can read about our security design here:

About the 1Password security model

And if you want to know all of the nitty gritty details we have a very in-depth white paper available here:

1Password Security Design White Paper

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• arjanm83
    arjanm83
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

With every application update, 1Password advertises that the users should let them know what they would like to see.

Well, myself, and probably many more users would like to see a decent backup mechanism. With one of the biggest cloud vendors missing, I consider this as a missing service.

I'm not looking for a membership, but if this is about money then I would rather pay a one time fee to see this implemented.

I hope you will be able to put my request on your timeline before another good password manager shows up that does include the major cloud vendors for data storage.

• Ben
    Options

We do appreciate the feedback, @arjanm83, I just didn't want to give you unrealistic expectations about Google Drive support. Our focus right now is on our first party solution because of the difficulties customers have had when syncing with 3rd party solutions. There is only so much troubleshooting we can do when someone else holds the data. Now that we offer a 1st party solution we can troubleshoot end to end.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.