Still can't add attachments to items on iOS?

Saphired
Saphired
Community Member

Hello,

Over 2 years ago I opened a discussion about my wish for 1Password for iOS letting users add attachments just like the Mac version is able to (and with document providers etc. iOS made some big advancements in making this easier to implement). In this discussion which was closed since, multiple users upvoted this idea and AgileBits said it's already on their wish list as well, with an implementation getting closer.

I made the request when version 4 was current, now we are on version 6.5. I wonder if this is still a priority? I use 1Password a lot on my mobile devices and it's definitely a bummer when I need to go to my MacBook just for attaching a file that I have also available on my mobile device.

Regards,
Saphired

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Saphired,

Thanks for following up on this. On March 8th we made the difficult decision to not pursue this request further at this time. It certainly has been an extremely popular request, there is no denying that. That said we strongly feel that the best way to use 1Password today is with a 1Password.com membership, and the Documents feature (similar to attachments) already exists there. As our focus is currently on making the membership experience even better we will not be going back to add this functionality to standalone vaults.

I do apologize for the inconvenience, but if adding Documents from iOS is a feature you'd like to have it is available with our 1Password.com membership offering. It is currently possible to attach photos as Documents from iOS, and we are working to add additional document types for the future.

Ben

ref: OPI-1027

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @Ben
    I just tried to add a Document to one of my 1Password account vaults. Is it currently only supported to add pictures from the camera roll? I tried to add a PDF from Scanbot but couldn't find an "Copy to 1Password" action.

• Hi @Manaburner,

Just photos at the moment.

It is currently possible to attach photos as Documents from iOS, and we are working to add additional document types for the future.

:)

Ben

• Saphired
    Saphired
    Community Member

:(

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @Ben
    sorry I missed that. :)

• I'm looking forward to this being possible.

Rick

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member

@Ben I think your decision on March 8th sucks! As you say yourself, this has been an extremely popular request for over two years and to pull the plug now is disgusting.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tonydow,

I'm sorry that was unwelcome news for you - and I certainly don't blame you for being upset about it if that's a feature you've been hoping to see in standalone/local vaults. You're right, it was a popular request for a number of years, and I know it must be frustrating to hear about the decision not to implement it. We hear many different feature requests from customers every day, and we simply can't add them all. Just because a feature request is popular and/or has been requested for a long time doesn't guarantee its addition.

Having said that, please also remember that this decision only applies to standalone/local vaults. The Documents feature already exists in 1Password for iOS when using a 1Password.com account. Our focus is on accounts right now, and if that feature is important to you, I think it's worth at least trying an account free trial to see if you like it.

If you don't want to try an account, then I'm very sorry I don't have a better answer for you about all this. Please let us know if you have more questions about that. Thanks! :)

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

@Ben is it on your feature list to support PDF or other file formats (with 1password.com accounts on iOS)?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hesspaul: While it isn't possible to add other data as Documents currently (from Photos only), we're looking into adding other data as well.

ref: OPI-3664

• Saphired
    Saphired
    Community Member

I always liked 1P for giving control to the user and that I can handle vaults the way I want with the sync service I want. Now you are clearly shifting away from this and additionally to a service / subscription based model. I just hope I can continue to use the standalone apps without such a subscription. I see why this all makes sense for teams and stuff, but that's not exactly the case for single users.

• Hi @Saphired,

There are a lot of benefits even for individual users, but yes, certainly there are more with a family or team.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.