To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My account is frozen...

Options
gcneal
gcneal
Community Member

Hello, I brought this app as a bundle deal and after a year my account is frozen. I don't recall this being offered as a yearly license, double checked too, no mention. Really annoyed this was not made clear, considering I now have all my passwords in this system.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @gcneal! I'm sorry for the confusion. It sounds like trial is one you signed up for when we announced 1Password memberships last September, and you got 6 months of the service free. Your account needs a subscription to stay active since the 6 months free has come to its end. A 1Password membership includes all the 1Password apps so you can get your passwords from your computer, phone, tablet, and more. Purchases in the past don't include an account with the new service.

Learn more about what's included with a subscription account: https://support.1password.com/why-account

The best way to use 1Password is with a membership. You’ll always have the latest version of the the app and your devices will sync automatically — no more thinking about Dropbox or iCloud when setting up a new device. You can subscribe to keep using your account after the end of the trial.

If you bought 1Password in the past year, email us at support@1password.com and we'd be happy to get you some credit toward a subscription. Post back here with the confirmation code you get and we'll connect the dots and get back to you quicker.

Hope that helps clear things up!

• crz
    crz
    Community Member
    Options

OMG!

He purchased the App, signed up for your Service by Accident, he does not want to use your Subsription. Instead of helping him get back to the Standalone Version you are talking him into your Service.

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    Options

He purchased the App, signed up for your Service by Accident, he does not want to use your Subsription. Instead of helping him get back to the Standalone Version you are talking him into your Service>

Like many, many others in this and other forum sections. Someone more cynical than me might even consider that Agilebits deliberately made it easy to unintentionally sign up for a subscription by calling it an "account". We are all used to creating accounts when buying software without it being a subscription service. OTOH Agilebits are helping people who did this to get back to their standalone version, but creating work for themselves and frustration for the victims.

• gcneal
    gcneal
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply's.

It seems like I need that help mikebore. So I should be able to get rid of the subscription and go to standalone, how do I do this please?

Thanks

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@crz

If you bought 1Password in the past year, email us at support@1password.com and we'd be happy to get you some credit toward a subscription. Post back here with the confirmation code you get and we'll connect the dots and get back to you quicker.

Reading this, they helped.

• gcneal
    gcneal
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe, although as mentioned in my first sentence... "I brought this app as a bundle deal and after a year my account is frozen". So guess that rules out part 1.

I was provided a activation link (as part of the bundle, not a confirmation code), guessing this is not the same?

• Meek
    Options

Hey @gcneal,

I'm sorry for all the confusion! When you mention a bundle deal, did you by any chance get a promotion coupon as part of a bundle deal, like our Parallels bundle? If so, please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com with your coupon code and we'll get you all squared away. Don't post the coupon code in the forums, of course ;)

Please include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can link it up to this discussion.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID. Please post that ID here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

If you'd rather go back to the standalone version, then we can absolutely help you with that. Just let us know :)

• gcneal
    gcneal
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Meek

I have sent a email of what I received at the time, the activation link (although I cant see a coupon code).

The Support ID #YNY-88961-985

I think i'm trying to go back to a standalone version, which will hopefully let me save passwords again.

Thank you.

• Frank
    Options

Hi gcneal - Thank you for the update. I just replied back to your email so we can work on this together. Let's continue the conversation over there and I look forward to helping you :-)

ref: YNY-88961-985

This discussion has been closed.