Where are all my attachments?!

Options

Hello
I can't see the attachments field anymore in my items! On all my items the attachment section has disappeared. As a consequence I can't access my attached files anymore.
Please help!
Looking forward to reading from you.
R.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.619
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Reto28: I'm not seeing this in 1Password 4. Do you maybe just need to scroll down a bit farther, or make the window larger so you can see all of the item's contents. Please clarify what you're seeing exactly. If it's simpler, take a screenshot. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just please do not include any sensitive information when posting. So using a new test item may be a good idea. Let me know what you find!

• Reto28
    Reto28
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

As you can see in the attachment, the attachment field of the item is missing. How do I make it appear again?

Best wishes,

R.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Reto28: Ah, thanks for the screenshot. That makes it clear. You're not viewing an existing item, but creating a new one. You can click Add for an attachment:

I thought you meant that you were trying to view attachments. After you've created an item, you can view/add attachments just below the Notes section:

I hope this helps! :)

• Reto28
    Reto28
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty

Thanks for your quick response.
    I do view exting items! They all look like the screen shot. The attachment field isn't just there anymore. Therefore, I also can't access the attachement. That's my problem.
    Please advice!
    Kind regards,

Reto

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Reto28: What's shown in my first screenshot is Edit mode. You can't access existing attachments from there, so there's no reason for an attachment field to show in that window. The second screenshot is the item selected in the vault view. Can you show me what you're seeing there?

Did you perhaps make changes recently, perhaps even on another device which sync'd them from Dropbox? Which vault type are you using, AgileKeychain or OPVault? If the attachment files were removed from within the vault, 1Password won't know they exist to display them in the details view (before editing) either. Let me know what you find!

• Reto28
    Reto28
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty

Below, another screenshot of an exisiting item in the 'vault view'.

If I press the 'Add' button I could add an attachment. However, I can't see and don't get access to the existing attachment.

This it version I use

At the moment I work with my old laptop as my usual laptop is currently being repaired.
    I sync from dropbox and use the AgileKeychain vault. I didn't remove any of (all my) attachments.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

R.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Reto28: Your screenshot does not show the vault view. This is what we're looking for: the categories on the left, list of items in the top pane, with the details of the currently selected item in the bottom pane:

That's the only place you'll see the current attachments, where I've drawn the orange box. Clicking on the rest of the attachment area will let you add a new one. So what are you seeing there?

Thanks for letting me know you're using AgileKeychain. In that case, if you open Windows File Explorer and go to your .agilekeychain vault folder, inside it you should find three subfolders: a, config, and data. If you look inside a\default\files, there will be folders with different UUID names for each item you have attachments for. Inside each, you should find three files: a .def, .icn, and another without an extension. This last one is the actual attached file in encrypted form. If any of these are missing, 1Password can't read them and therefore won't display them in your vault. Are any missing?

• Reto28
    Reto28
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty
    Once again thanks for the responise reply.
    Below again a screen shot - this time from vault view. In contrast to your vault view, mine doesn't show the attachment section.

I also checked the three files you mentioned. They look ok. There're all there on my dropbox account.

Well, where is bug?

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @Reto28,

You may have accidentally resized the bottom details viewer to the bottom and now it doesn't show up. To fix this, exit the full screen mode for 1Password window and resize it several times (diagonally or up and down) until the bottom details viewer pop up.

This discussion has been closed.