Scanned PDF or jpeg documents.

Options
bob_d
bob_d
Community Member

Is their anyway I can store scanned PDF or jpeg documents, such as my medical, car, house info, etc. into 1Password? I currently can with an app called oneSafe. I currently have the last 3 - 5 years of all this info scanned into PDF format documents and stored into oneSafe. This info is currently stored in the cloud and I can view it on my iPad, iPhone or computer anytime or anywhere. Since I now pay $35.00 per year, I would like to use 1Password to secure all my info. I have been using 1Password for years and I like the app. I just wish it could secure all my scanned info. Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Secure & store PDF documents

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bob_d

Thanks for taking the time to write in! Do you have a 1Password.com subscription membership account? I didn't see anything under the email address you use here on the forums, but I noticed you mentioned an annual fee. If you are using a 1Password membership, yes, you can do this.

On iOS the creation of Documents is limited to items in your Camera Roll (generally photos). From the Categories view hit the "+" button and then select Document. On Mac you can add just about any file, so long as it is within the size requirements (the app will tell you if not).

I hope that helps!

Ben

• bob_d
    bob_d
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, nice to meet U & thanks for the reply. Yes, I have a 1Password, iCloud, and Comcast account. On my IOS, I use PDF Expert to scan documents. On my iMac, I use my HP Envy printer to scan documents. I then name the doc's. For example: Comcast 01-2017, Comcast 02-2017, and so on for the remainder of the year. This is dropped into a folder named, Comcast 2017. I currently have folders dating back to 2012. This is all located in the side bar of the security app oneSafe. Likewise, I have sign contracts I scan and have stored into other folders. So as you can see, I would like to keep the scanned documents stored within 1Password. As a member I should be able to create a Parent safe for my documents. This would give me the ability to secure, organize, and track all my information. I hope all of this makes sense to you. I also hope that 1Password would or will allow me to do this, if not now maybe in the near future. Thanks for all of the help :-) Bob

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bob_d,

On behalf of Ben, you're very welcome!

You can certainly add your PDF files as Document items in 1Password (at least on your Mac, if not from iOS).

As a member I should be able to create a Parent safe for my documents.

If you want to create a new vault for your Document items, you can do that on 1Password.com (and the new vault will appear in the 1Password app). Just sign into your account on 1Password.com, and on the main page that shows your vaults, you should see an option for 'New Vault'. (Note that if you have a 1Password Families account, you'll need to be a Family Organizer to create new vaults.)

We're here for you if you have more questions! :)

• bob_d
    bob_d
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Guys and thank you for all the help. Yes, I am now able to save my PDF files into 1Password by way of the desktop. Now I need help in trying to figure out a way of saving new PDF files using my iPhone or iPad into 1Password. You see, I have been using Apple Computers since the IIe. Back in 1984 or 85 I purchased my first Mac ( remember the 128K ). After 30+ yrs, I am looking at moving to a new iPad Pro 10.5" and also a new iPhone 8 later this yr. I can put PDF files into iCloud Drive, I just can't figure a way of importing these file into 1Password. Any ideas? One again thanks for all the help.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bob_d,

Right at the moment PDFs can only be added to 1Password on the desktop. You can save them to iCloud Drive from iOS and then attach them to 1Password from your desktop from there, but cannot attach them from iOS directly.

We do hope to be able to expand that capability in the future.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.