updated passwords still show as old

dougmon
dougmon
Community Member

This is a very minor thing, but some passwords that I've just updated still show as 1-3 years old. The updated date shows as correct.

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: account

Comments

• Hi @dougmon,

Do you think you could elaborate on what you're seeing? Where do they show as 1-3 years old? Do you mean under Security Audit?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rick

• dougmon
    dougmon
    Community Member

I guess I forgot to provide context. :(

They show up in the security audit. There are two I modified in the past week that show up in the 1-3 years old section. I modified them the same way I've modified others recently (I'm binge-changing my passwords). I don't know what makes them unique.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dougmon,

Thanks for clarifying! So if I understand, those two items are in the "1-3 years old" section of the Security Audit even thought their modified dates confirm they were just changed recently?

If so, did you edit the password in each of those items, or did you make other changes? Or do those items include additional password fields that you added, and you changed those custom password fields instead of the "main" password field? The "1-3 years old" section of the Security Audit specifically checks the main password field, and not other fields in items.

If you changed the main password field in those items, do you see a "show previously used passwords" button in their item details? Click on that button to confirm that the last password appears there with the recent date when it was changed to something else.

Thanks in advance! :)

• dougmon
    dougmon
    Community Member

Yes, the items are in the 1-3 years old section. I did edit the passwords, and that was the only change I made. I changed the passwords again to see if it was an anomaly, and it may have been -- they're no longer in the 1-3 years old section.

There were previously used passwords in both entries. I only remember one of the items, but when I look at it, I do see the previous password and the date I changed it the first time.

I hope this helps. This seems like a weird one. But as long as other functionality isn't effected, I can certainly live with it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dougmon,

Hmm, that's definitely strange! I haven't heard of that happening before, and as you said, it sounds like this was an anomaly since you changed those passwords again and this time it worked (also, I haven't been able to reproduce the same problem on my Mac). It should continue working correctly for you now, but if you happen to notice the same thing happening again, please let us know so we can take a further look into it. Thanks! :)

• dougmon
    dougmon
    Community Member

I will certainly let you know if it happens again. I'm going to keep better track of the password-changing process in the future, so if it happens again, I might have some idea why.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.