multiple urls

Options

I'm a part of a developer community, and we use several sites for certain things. I've tried creating a new login and use a tag so I can just type in one thing and it pulls all of them up but that doesn't work. So I decided just to add all of them to one login and put the URLs in there as well. Well, when I go to a site that isn't the first URL on the login section, it doesn't pull up the login info. Is there a way to fix this?

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OSX 10.12.4 Beta
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @CoryT87,

Just to make sure I understand, you created a Login item and it's for a range of sites that all authenticate via the same authentication service so use the same login credentials. You then proceeded to add additional website fields under the first so they appear in the very first section of the Login item along with the username and password. Is this all correct? 1Password should be offering the Login item whenever the open page is part of any of the domains stored in those website fields. If by any chance you created custom fields in a custom section and set the type to URL then 1Password won't use them as any data in the custom sections is only for you as the user.

Is this a correct assessment or has my question possibly highlighted something that explains the lack of the correct behaviour?

• CoryT87
    CoryT87
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hey @littlebobbytables,

To make it easier to understand what I mean, I'm attaching a screenshot of the Login section I'm talking about. As you can see, I have different usernames and different URLs associated with Devslopes. When I go to the discord app, 1Password mini doesn't show me the login info for Devslopes at all. The same applies to the Kickflip Studios. Instead of having various login stuff I thought it'd be easier if I just have it set up the way the image shows unless there's a better way, please tell me!!!! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CoryT87,

You will need individual Login items, one for each for place. What you've created is a series of custom sections, each one detailing a different site but 1Password won't use these when it comes to filling. Can you better help me understand why initially separate Login items was undesirable please. I believe you've attempted this for a reason and if we can we'll see if we can offer any suggestions to achieve what you're hoping to do :smile:

• CoryT87
    CoryT87
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hey @littlebobbytables,

I wanted to have everything that involved Devslopes in one Login instead of having separate Login items. Let's say I haven't been to a site in a long time and forget what it's called but I know it's related to Devslopes, well all I have to do is type in Devslopes and it pulls up what you saw in the image. Does that make sense?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @CoryT87,

I think tags are the best way to go, that or if you wish to have even more separation a separate vault. You can browser by tag from both the main 1Password window and in 1Password mini to see all the associated items and once the tag exists you can drag and drop items in the main window to add the tag which I personally find easier than editing the item and adding the tag manually.

The Login item was only ever designed to fill a single page and this understanding is all through the code. It means it won't be able to do what you want but hopefully tags are a good alternative.

• CoryT87
    CoryT87
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables,

Thanks!!!!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @CoryT87,

If I was helpful I'm happy :smile: Please let us know if you have any other questions about 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.