To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Share personal vault with my wife (no family account)

danielarend
danielarend
Community Member

Hello,

My wife has been using 1Password Teams with her work for a while now. She has 1Password 6 on her Mac. She only uses her 1Password account to store work info, nothing for personal or home use.

I recently saw the light and signed up for 1Password individual subscription to store all of our personal and home information. I use 1Password 6 on my Windows 7 and 10 PCs.

How can she open my vault on her Teams account? Essentially I need her to be able to add my Personal vault to her account, so that when she logs in she can see both all of her work stuff, and also our personal stuff.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @danielarend,

There is no way to combine an individual account into a teams account, however she can add both accounts to her 1Password 5 for Mac app. Simply open 1Password 6 > Preferences > Accounts and hit the + button there. She'll need to enter the account credentials for your individual account, and then she'll see both her Teams vaults and your individual vault.

I would recommend checking out a Family account, however, as it lets each of you have your own private, personal vault along with a Shared vault that both of you can access. If you don't need that, then of course an individual account will work, but just thought I'd mention it in case it would be helpful :)

Let us know if you have any more questions!

• danielarend
    danielarend
    Community Member

Thanks, that worked perfectly! I did have to update her 1Password, she was using 6.0.1 which doesn't have the option you mentioned, which is why I couldn't figure it out haha. Once I updated it worked great.

I'm not opposed to a family account, it's just that having one big bucket for everything works well for us.

Follow-up question, is adding different vaults like this available yet in the Windows version? I know that one's a little behind the Mac version, and I can't seem to find the option on my Windows.

You can close this question :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danielarend: Ah, that makes sense! I'm glad to hear that you were able to not only get her setup, but also up-to-date with 1Password.

While none of the apps support vault creation for 1Password.com accounts yet (this must be done through the website), the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app can use multiple 1Password.com accounts just like the Mac version. Just go to Settings (the "gear" icon) > Accounts & Vaults, and add it there. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.