Chrome browser plugin on Windows frequently fill out-dated credit card values

On a number of occasions, I try to use 1password to complete credit card details using the browser plugin and it fills with card numbers which are no longer valid or old expiry dates and verification numbers.
When I open the item to edit I cannot see any of the old values

1Password Version: 4.6.1.619
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:The 1Password plugin on Chrome on Windows frequently fills out-dated values for credit cards

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @iain1248,

There are a couple possibilities that I would like to eliminate.

1. Your browser is remembering the details and it isn't 1Password filling. We have seen this in the past and it has certainly caused confusion when it happens. To see if it's the case at all our page, Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser should help.
    2. Not so much on Windows but we have seen people add additional fields to an item. When it comes to Identity and Credit Card items only the default fields are used to fill. So if you added a new field for the CVV and didn't use the default field titled verification number this would cause undesirable behaviour when filling.

I also have a question. By any chance do you sync with a copy of 1Password for Mac at all (or iOS) and did you make the changes to the Credit Card item there?

• iain1248
    iain1248
    Community Member

I mainly use a mac or ios and sync via Dropbox.
    I have never seen this behaviour on platforms other than Windows.
    I don't think that it is the browser putting in the values because I always reject attempts to save login details and also because if I clear the information from the form and invoke the plug in it copies the same (bad) values

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iain1248,

Given your mention of Mac I'm pretty sure I know what is happening now. Can you try the following for me please, edit the Credit Card item from inside 1Password for Windows and simply add a character to the note field. Save and you can even edit and delete the character. All we're needing is for Windows to believe that something has changed and that it needs to write the item back to the sync container. If my suspicion is correct you will find 1Password for Windows starts filling with the correct information. Do let us know if this works.

• iain1248
    iain1248
    Community Member

Hi,
    That worked. Thanks for the help

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @iain1248! Glad that tip worked for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.