I am not able to open 1Password-6.6.3.pkg.

Options
Fidelfs
Fidelfs
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

Mac OS X 10.11.5
Macbook Pro 13"
It looks like is stuck in verifying "1Password-6.6.3.pkg".
I have other computers already in that version. (1 Mac and 1 Windows 10).
In the particular computer with the problem, I had the standalone version, and I am upgrading to the new online version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Fidelfs,

Can you be more specific about the error you're seeing? What browser did you use to download it?

The standalone app and the one for 1Password.com accounts is actually the same app. If you already have it installed on your Mac, you can simply open up Preferences and go into Accounts to add an account. You shouldn't need to re-install anything.

Rick

• Fidelfs
    Fidelfs
    Community Member
    Options

chrome for Mac.

I don't know Agilebits names for the different versions. I had 1password for many years that I had to pay for the new app every time a new version was available on the market. I decided to move to the web version that you pay a monthly/yearly fee for all my computers.
    I don't want to add an account; I have 6.5.2 installed currently in the computer with the problem. I want to upgrade to the new type described above.
    Is there anything else you need? I already have a paying account; I am only trying to upgrade this computer.

• Hi @Fidelfs,

Sorry about that... I forgot that we had our updater problems and that you can't just use the built-in updater for that update. Oh the joys of computers.

I recommend that you use Safari to download the pkg file from our website. We're still tracking down why it is that some computers don't seem to like the file when downloaded from Chrome. Download it from Safari and see if it works for you.

Rick

• Fidelfs
    Fidelfs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks it works!

I got another question a little different, Should I ask here or create a new topic?
    It is about 1password app and the password to open the app.

• @Fidelfs : best to create a new thread. We like to keep a thread to a single topic. It makes finding information easier.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.