After redownloading 1password from the app store, I am now told I need to buy an in-app-purchase.

Options
lillq
lillq
Community Member

I bought the app on the app store for about $60. Now that I have redownloaded the app it is telling me that I need to purchase an in app purchase to unlock the app. How do I resolve this with out having to repurchase?

Thank you,
-Lane

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:License not working

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lillq,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with the Mac App Store version of 1Password!

Are you certain you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store? The reason I ask is because I searched our own license records for your email address, and it looks like you bought a license for the AgileBits Store version of 1Password back in 2014. A license from our own web store won't work with the Mac App Store version of 1Password, so in that case, you would need to switch back to the AgileBits Store version.

On the other hand, if you also purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, it shouldn't be prompting you to make an in-app purchase. When you re-downloaded it, were you signed into the same Apple ID you had originally used to make that purchase? If not, you'll need to delete the 1Password app from the Applications folder (don't use any app cleaning tools when you do that), sign out of the Mac App Store and sign back in with the correct Apple ID, and re-download 1Password from the Purchased section.

Does that help? Please let us know if you have any questions about that.

• lillq
    lillq
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, I am sure. I have bought 1Password multiple times, through your website, through the app store, and through VPP (volume purchase program) for my employees. One employee got a new computer, then they where able to see that they had the app before, they where able to download it, and then they got the message that it needed to be purchased to be useable. My other employee had been using 1password for a long time, but got a message that the app was damanged and needed to be redownloaded. After redownloading, it is saying that it needs to be purchased to not be read only.

Rather frustrating...

• lillq
    lillq
    Community Member
    Options

Both users had the app pushed to them through the MDM solution we have in place that allows my company to purchase software for our users with out it being tied to their Apple ID.

• Hi @lillq ,

When the app became free with in-app purchase, there was an issue verifying receipts for VPP purchases. The latest version has a fix to solve that issue. If you have version 6.6.3 and are still seeing this problem, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) quickly.

Once we see the report we should be able to see the problem.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• lillq
    lillq
    Community Member
    Options

Any update? I would love to get this working for my teammate and figure out if we can get my other teammate reimbursed for having to rebuy the update so that he could use the app.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lillq,

I'm not sure what sort of update you're looking for? As Kevin mentioned above, the problem verifying receipts for VPP purchases was fixed in a recent update. As long as you're using version 6.6.2 or higher (the latest is currently 6.6.4), you shouldn't be running into that issue. But if you are, and the Mac App Store version of 1Password is still in read-only mode, we'll need you to send us a diagnostics report by following Kevin's steps (or if it works for you but your teammate still has a problem, please forward those steps to your teammate).

...figure out if we can get my other teammate reimbursed for having to rebuy the update so that he could use the app.

Did he make that purchase from the Mac App Store version of 1Password? If so, that in-app purchase went through Apple, so he'll need to request the refund from them. Unfortunately we can't process refunds ourselves for purchases made through Apple. But if I misunderstood, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.