1password for mac, bought by my spouse, shared with family sharing with me, not updating

Options
Louisltp
Louisltp
Community Member

My spouse bought 1Password for Mac on the Apple App store in December 2015, and shared it with me through family sharing. We both have been using it on our Macs, iPads, and iPhones. His version has been automatically updated to version 6.6.3. My version is 6.5.3 and the update does not go through. When I try to do the update, I get the message "This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled.". This is true since it was bought by my spouse using his Apple ID. How can I update my 1Password? I tried to sign in under his apple id, but the update still did not go through. Do i need to buy a new version myself?
I am on Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.3
Thanks

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1passwordshared with spouse, for mac not updating

Comments

• Louisltp
    Louisltp
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Louisltp,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble updating 1Password from the Mac App Store! I see that you've also been in touch with us about this via email and are waiting to hear back again about your latest message. Someone will reply to you as soon as possible, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there. Thanks! :)

ref: FTY-22288-652

• Louisltp
    Louisltp
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.