My Chrome Extension does not work anymore

Options

I have a license for 1Password4. The Desktop version runs without problem. But the chrome extension does not work anymore. I can see it, but if i try to click the icon it does nothing. It does also not save the passwords. Nothing! I can only use the Desktop 1Password.

Can you help?
Many thanks!

1Password Version: 4.6.1.619
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @tiger99,

We can help, you did the right thing by contacting us! :)

First of all, could you please check if you have the latest version of Chrome browser installed (Help > About Google Chrome) and re-install the extension? Does the problem remain after that? You should see the browser authorisation window and the extension should start working after the authorisation.

If the issue still remain after that, please try to launch 1Password 4 app and go to Help > Restart 1Password Helper. Click on it and then click on the browser extension in Chrome. Does it work? Please let us know.

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• tiger99
    tiger99
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    Thanks for your help!

1. I did deinstall and new install the chrome Browser
    2. I did re-install the 1Passwort extension
    3. I did authorize the Browser
    4. I did Help>Restart 1Password Helper (Desktop PC 1Password on Windows)

But it still does not work. I can click on the icon, but nothing happens.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tiger99,

This might be an interference caused by your anti-malware/security solution. Can you tell me what anti-malware solution you're using or if you're using a VPN, proxy, or a firewall?

• tiger99
    tiger99
    Community Member
    Options

I use Standard the Standard Windows 10 Firewall and malware (Windows-Defender) (see pictures)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Tiger99,

Can you reproduce the issue in Chrome and send us your 1Password diagnostics report. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• tiger99
    tiger99
    Community Member
    Options

I found the solution (see attachment)
    Many thanks!!!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tiger,

That's great, thanks for letting us know. That is usually a sign of the security program blocking it from running, especially on more recent Windows versions since Secure Desktop is a Windows feature we're using.

Keep us informed of any changes.

This discussion has been closed.