To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

2 Accounts

Options
hellosb
hellosb
Community Member

I just signed up for the 6-month trial period, created my account using the web interface, downloaded the phone app and logged in using the scan code. After downloading the desktop app and trying to login, my newly created password was not accepted. A password tip was shown (I had not created one) so I tried a password based on the hint, and logged in successfully. I figure I must therefore have 2 accounts, so to verify I requested accounts for my sign-in email address (1 available) and I also requested licence info - just in case (and it seems I bought iPassword v3 some time ago). So I am now wondering if my desktop app is associated with my previous license and therefore associating me with 2 accounts? At any rate, it looks like my web account and connected phone account are not associated with the desktop app. Any thoughts for solutions appreciated. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @hellosb - Thank you for contacting us and I think I might be able to shed some light on the issue. We're you using 1Password prior to signing up for the Individual account? It sounds like you have two master passwords. Your original master password unlocks the apps since it's tied to your (original) Primary vault. Your new master password is connected to your Individual account.

So I am now wondering if my desktop app is associated with my previous license and therefore associating me with 2 accounts?

Yes, I believe you're correct :+1: Do you have any existing data within your Primary vault? If so you can move your items over to your Personal vault then delete your Primary vault following the instructions below. This will also resolve the master password issue and once your Primary vault has been deleted, 1Password will then revert to using your new master password. Make sure you also print out your Emergency Kit and write your master password in provided space.

Just make sure you move over any existing data before deleting your Primary vault -

https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/#to-move-items-in-the-apps

Open and unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" and choose Primary from the list > Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Delete Vault" from the drop down list. You will have to enter your master password before you can delete the vault.

I hope this helped and let me know if you have any additional questions.

• hellosb
    hellosb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Frank. It seems the Delete Vault option is greyed out. I tried creating a new vault - with success - and it does allow me to delete my new vault but still not my primary vault. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

• Jacob
    Options

@hellosb Thanks for the update! Does the Primary vault happen to have items in it? If it does, you'll need to move those to the Trash (select them and press delete on your keyboard) before you can delete the vault. If it has items that aren't in your account yet, move those items to your account as Frank mentioned first, then put the rest in the Trash and you should be good to go.

• hellosb
    hellosb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jacob. I found the solution! The vault was already empty; I realized I had to go into prefs and log into my online account first. Then I was able to delete the primary vault, thereby allowing my Personal Vault to become my new Primary Vault. Thanks again for your help. :-)

• Frank
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @hellosb - That's fantastic news! I will make sure to give Jacob a :high-five: :+1: We appreciate the update and let us know if you come across any further questions along the way. We're happy to help out :-) Enjoy the rest of your day.

This discussion has been closed.