1Password "clicks" wrong button after filling username and password

When trying to use 1Password to fill a saved login for the following page:
https://services.cal-online.co.il/card-holders/Screens/AccountManagement/login.aspx

It indeed fills the username and password in the correct places (there are 2 login options at this page, the right one with username&password and the left one with ID&SMS Code). However, after filling these and instead of "clicking" login button of the right login, it "clicks" the button for "Chat with support Representative" which is to the right of the password field (the button with the talking head image in it).

It could be bearable, if this click only opened a new tab/window, but in fact it also refreshes the page and losing the entered data.

Please check and see if you can "click" the correct button for the submitting the login data.

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Win 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password "clicks" wrong button after filling username and password

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @lmsne,

Thanks for writing in, I tried that website using 1Password for Windows 6 (version 6.4.377d also) and was able get the Login to Autosubmit. Hopefully we can get your 1Password to Autosubmit too.

I think the best approach would be to re-create your Login item, the way to do this to do this on a Mac is to use the Save new Login feature but that isn't available yet on 1Password for Windows.

In the mean time, I would instead recommend this alternative approach:

1. Open the main 1Password for Windows 6 app.
    2. Find the Login and click "Edit".
    3. Change the website field such that the website is not correct, e.g. change it from cal-online.co.il to cal-online_original.co.il. Doing this will mean 1Password will no longer recognize the website when you go to it in the browser.
    4. Next, open your browser, go to the login form and enter your username and password into the correct fields on the web page.
    5. Hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
    6. 1Password should prompt you to save a new Login at this point.

Please give your new Login item a good name and then try using this new Login item to see if it now Autosubmits.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• lmsne
    lmsne
    Community Member

@matthew_ag thanks for your input, but the problem still persists.

I even saved all of my details off 1password, and delete the CAL entry and created a new one the way you suggested. Still, the wrong Button is being clicked.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @lmsne,

Sorry that didn't work, perhaps we're using a slightly different versions or browsers so let me describe my full set up I tested with and let me know if anything is different with your setup. Hopefully we can figure out why things are different between us.

• Chrome 57.0.2987.110 (64-bit)
    • 1Password for Windows 6.4.377
    • 1Password Browser Extension for Chrome 4.6.3.90

Another difference might be if you are running Windows in Hebrew or with any special settings related to language?

Best regards,
    Matthew

• lmsne
    lmsne
    Community Member

@matthew_ag,

I am using:

• Firefox 50.1.0
    • 1Password Version: 6.4.377d
    • Extension Version: 4.6.3
    • OS Version: Win 8

No all of my OS and programs (including FF) are in English, no Hebrew locale.

Thanks,

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @lmsne,

Thank you for providing your setup, I can now reproduce this using Firefox. That looks to be the key difference. I have created a bug for this in our bug tracking database so we will be able to track this issue.

Unfortunately I don't have a workaround for you apart from suggesting to use a different browser such as Chrome or Safari. Of course that's a bit of a drastic step to take - instead for now you can disable the Autosubmit for this particular Login item which will allow you to fill and avoid opening the support window. To do this:
    1. Open the Login item in the main 1Password app.
    2. Click "Edit" at the bottom
    3. Change the "Submit" option to "Never submit".
    4. Click "Save".

Let me know if that stops the window opening for you.

Thank you very much for reporting this - we always appreciate reports like this so we know where we can improve our filling and Autosubmit logic.

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: OPX-1341

• lmsne
    lmsne
    Community Member

Hi @matthew_ag,

Thanks for your input, I created an entry with "Submit" key and "Never submit" value, which seems to work.

Hoping for a fix soon :+1:

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Great thanks for confirming it prevents the bad behaviour lmsne :chuffed:

I can't say when this will be fixed but we certainly won't forget about it.

Thanks again for reporting it!

Best regards,
    Matthew

• lmsne
    lmsne
    Community Member

@matthew_ag,

The fix of "Never submit" do not work anymore.
    Do you have some link that describes how to add these fields correctly, since in each UI (Web, WIN and android) looks different.

Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @lmsne,

Matthew's previous suggestion detailed steps for 1Password for Mac which don't directly apply to 1Password for Windows. So based on the conversation I suspect you've done your best to interpret the directions but it was always going to be impossible to do.

There is a feature in 1Password for Mac that will undoubtedly make its way into 1Password for Windows but one that isn't present there just yet and this is the ability to manually set individual items to ignore the global submit setting. The steps Matthew supplied would have worked from a Mac but in 1Password for Windows there is currently only the global submit setting.

Can you try the following please.

1. Delete the Login item for this page but ensure you have a note of the username and password.
    2. Log into the site. 1Password should ask if you want to save a new Login item because of step 1.
    3. Disable the global submit option which is in the Browsers tab of 1Password's options and titled Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords.

If you accessed your 1Password account from a Mac at all there is a way to workaround this missing feature in 1Password for Windows. I have no doubt 1Password for Windows will gain this feature at some point in the future. They're making great strides given how new 1Password for Windows is but it takes time when writing a brand new application from scratch to implement everything other platforms have built over the years. Unfortunately until the issue is resolved or 1Password for Windows gains the ability to disable submit at the individual Login level it is either a case of disabling submit globally or use of Chrome as a browser for this site. I realise neither are desirable options at all, they are just the options that will help you immediately. Sorry :(

This discussion has been closed.