Converting License to Family Account

gmvanhorn
gmvanhorn
Community Member

Have been a 1Password user for long enough to not remember how I initially set up my account. A search for a 1password "account" turned up nothing on my email address. I assume I have a license instead? Regardless (possibly), I cannot seem to figure out how to move from my personal 1password account/license iOS app setup to a Family setup. Ideally I could choose which of the existing "logins" in my existing vault will go in my Family private vault and which will go in my Family shared vault.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Hi @gmvanhorn - Great question! You can definitely move over existing 1Password data to your new Families account.

Open and unlock 1Password on your iPhone > Tap on icon in the upper left corner then select your Primary vault from the list > Under the search bar, pull down to reveal the "Select Items" option > Tap "select items" then tap on any item you want to move over > Once you have everything selected, go back to the top of the page > Choose "move" then select your Personal vault from the list. I will also include a helpful link below that will guide you through moving items over -

https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/?ios

I hope this helped and keep us posted if you have any additional questions :-)

This discussion has been closed.