It's possible to add Chinese translate into 1Password 4

Chinese translate for 1Password 4 is completed on Crowdin, but only 5% is approved.
4.6.1.618 & 619 updated or add translate for some other translate, but why Chinese translate not in the list?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.619
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

Hello @arianelu,

Thank you for reaching out! Let me try to explain the situation with Chinese language in 1Password 4.

Before the language is added to the app, the Crowdin translation needs to be vetted and approved. This is part of the reason why Chinese translation didn't make it to the latest release of 1Password 4.

The main problem is that 1Password 4 does not support unicode characters, because it breaks the UI. It just isn't possible to retrofit the app with this capability. I am sorry about that.

Instead, we're building 1Password 6 that is fully unicode-friendly, which means we can reuse the translations that are done for 1Password 4 on Crowdin. We are focusing all of our efforts there at the moment and are going to try to update everyone about 1Password 6 and its translation support soon. Please let us know if you are interested in participating. :+1:

I hope it helps and gives you a glimpse of the situation we are in now. If you have other questions, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.