Please bring back the PIN feature

Options
bitsme
bitsme
Community Member

I see that 1Password for iOS doesn't support setting a PIN on iPhones with fingerprint ID as it used to on older iPhones. There are so many problems with this decision:

• fingerprint ID doesn't work in many cases: eczema, sweaty fingers, etc. (I happen to have both problems)
  • many people don't want to use a fingerprint ID for anything because it's a weak security factor that cannot be changed
  • it stores your master password in the iOS keychain (yet something else that can go wrong)

I know that many security-conscious people have brought this up many times and you have ignored them. I just wanted to throw my vote in the mix, regardless if you ignore me too :)

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: WLAN Server
Referrer: forum-search:ios set pin

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bitsme: Nobody's being ignored, but listening doesn't mean doing everything that is requested. Suggesting that a weak PIN is a more secure option just doesn't stand up to scrutiny either. I appreciate that Touch ID doesn't work perfectly under all conditions though. That said, the PIN option hasn't been removed, and you can still use it if you disable Touch ID — which isn't a bad idea if it really doesn't work for you anyway. I have the same issues myself though, and I've found that using the additional fingerprint "slots" allows me to better train it for my finger. Definitely worth a try. Touch ID is a more secure option than a PIN, but of course since it isn't available to everyone as it's the only alternative on older devices. But even on a Touch ID device you can always use the Master Password, and the PIN option will be available to you if you disable Touch ID when it doesn't work for you anyway (or you don't want to use it).

This discussion has been closed.