To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Device without 1password installed

Options
clomas
clomas
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Memberships

Hello,

I'm a little confused about the set up on a computer without an installation of 1password.

For example, if I start generating 50 character passwords using the random generator and saving them in 1password.
Then I was to use a computer without 1password installed, how do I access this password without having to copy it by looking it up on my phone and typing it in one character at a time while reading it off my phone?

I thought maybe dropbox sync, but that is now unavailable? is anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance!
Clint

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: MacOS - latest
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @clomas
    if you're a new user, you should take a look at a 1Password account. With this, passwords et al sync automatically to every device where you login with that account.
    Other options are Dropbox or iCloud, depending on the platform you're using.
    In general, a 1Password account is the painless sync-experience. And it has more benefits besides that: https://support.1password.com/why-account/

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You need the subscription version (actually it's the same program, just different ways of paying), and then you can login to the 1password.com web site using a browser.

But if the computer is your own, you can install 1PW on it without extra cost if you have a subscription.

And if it isn't yours, you need to consider the risk of a third party stealing information.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @clomas - Great question. Manaburner and Danco are right! You could sign up for a 1Password membership then you will have the ability to access your 1Password data from any device via the web. In addition to web access, with a 1Password membership all of our apps (Windows, Mac, Pro features for iOS & Android) are included even future paid upgrades since it's built into the monthly pricing. There is no sync set up required since we take care of all the syncing on our end. It’s more secure, your data is fully encrypted using a randomized unique Secret Key in conjunction with your Master Password (only you know the keys to decrypt your data). This also includes data recovery, you just have to sign into 1Password using your login credentials and your data will already be there waiting for you.

We also include a 30 day free trial giving you a chance to test drive all the features without having to add a credit card :-) I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions.

This discussion has been closed.