Move Online Vault to Local Vault

Options
matt_sawyers
matt_sawyers
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

Okay... I've been using 1password for years. I thought I'd try the 1Password online vault, now that my trial is ending. I don't see a true advantage (at the moment) to use the online version since I already own licensed versions (mac, ios, android, windows). I cannot find any instructions on how to this. Instructions on how to move my items from my online vault to a the local vault would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Online/Dropbox

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @matt_sawyers,

Thank you for contacting AgileBits and your continued use of 1Password! I'm sorry to hear that a 1Password.com account wasn't the right fit for you at this time.

We have a great knowlegebase article that will walk you though how to migrate your account to a standalone vault.

Pay close attention to Step 2 with regards to Document items not getting copied to a local vault. You will want to save Document items to your Mac first, then reattach them to items in your local vault.

Please let me know if you have any issues following this guide and we can dig futher into your current setup.

Cheers,

Andrew

• matt_sawyers
    matt_sawyers
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. I'd suggest adding the wording "move your online 1password vault to a local only vault" so it's easier for other people to find. Just a thought. Thanks. :)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @matt_sawyers,

You're welcome, I'm glad that worked for you! Thank you for the feedback and your continued use of 1Password.

Cheers,
    Andrew

This discussion has been closed.