1Password mini and Safari browser extension not working on external display

Options
coolcat
coolcat
Community Member

I have a 2016 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and I just purchased a 27" LG display to use with it. I have Safari on the external display but for some reason when I try to use the 1Password browser extension the drop down pops up on the internal display instead of below the browser extension button like it should. I have also noticed that if I click the 1Password mini icon in the menu bar on the external display the drop down doesn't pop up on the external either, instead it pops up over on the internal display. I've tried searching for a solution to this problem but have not been able to find anything. Please help!

FYI - I just installed the latest update to 1Password 6.6.3 with no change to this issue. Safari indicates that my browser extension is also up to date.

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: 1Password Family

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @coolcat,

I'm sorry the 1Password mini window is appearing on the wrong display! It's possible that's a bug, but it can be hard to tell because the placement of the 1Password mini window is a bit tricky/complex, and there are some things that will cause it to appear somewhere other than you might expect.

First, please try this: Drag the mini window to the external display, and drag it to the center of that screen until it 'snaps' into place. When you try again to open it like usual, does it open on the external display, or still on the MacBook Pro screen?

If it still opens on the MacBook Pro screen, please let us know a few more details:

• When this happens, in what position does the 1Password mini window appear on the MacBook Pro screen (in the center, right below the mini icon in the menu bar, etc)?
    • In System Preferences > Mission Control, is the option for "Displays have separate Spaces" enabled or disabled?
    • Does it make a difference if you use the ⌥⌘\ (option+command+backslash) keyboard shortcut to open 1Password mini?
    • On the external display, is Safari in full screen mode?

Thanks in advance! :)

ref: OPM-1603

This discussion has been closed.