the touch id on my macbook pro stopped working

Helmut
Helmut
Community Member

unlocking 1PW with touch id stopped working on my macbook pro.

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:macbook pro touch id not working

Comments

• Helmut
    Helmut
    Community Member

I don't even see an option to enable touch ID in 1PW preferences under security

• Helmut
    Helmut
    Community Member

... although I have been using it when I first got the machine a couple of months ago. Must have happened after the latest update of 1PW.

• Helmut
    Helmut
    Community Member

restarted my computer and touch id for 1PW is working again!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news @Helmut! I'm glad a restart took care of the problem. Thanks for following up to let us know!

If you run into more problems or have questions about 1Password, we're here for you. :)

• Helmut
    Helmut
    Community Member

some problem, again. touch id not working for 1pw. not even showing up as an option to enable in preferences under security. I think this happens when I do an update, and it's getting a bit old.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Helmut,

If the Touch ID setting doesn't appear in 1Password > Preferences > Security, that basically means the operating system isn't telling 1Password that Touch ID is available. We've heard from a few other customers that removing their fingerprints from System Preferences > Touch ID , rebooting the Mac, and then re-adding their fingerprints seems to solve the problem. Can you please try that to see if it helps? Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

• Helmut
    Helmut
    Community Member

Hi @Drew,

It worked. First I thought it didn't but then I realized I should probably go into the preferences and check if I need to enable touch ID. I did.

Thanks for your help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Thanks for confirming that worked for you. We're here for you if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.