I have the latest updates on all devices. Nothing is synching properly anymore.

Options
karinw01
karinw01
Community Member

I have a MacPro where I do most of my work and there are 64 items saved on that machine. When I go to my laptop there are 27 items. When I go into my.1password there are 27 items. This was working a couple months ago. I have no idea when it stopped. I was finally able to synch my iPhone today, but can not figure out how to get the laptop (MacAir) to update. I am using OS 10.11.6 on the MacPro and the MacAir. Thanks

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: 1password WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:synching with my1password

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @karinw01,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble syncing your items between all of your devices!

From your description, it sounds like the problem is that your MacBook Air is using a different sync method than your Mac Pro and iPhone. If you can access your data from my.1password.com, that means you're using a 1Password.com account, which automatically syncs your data through our servers (there are no sync settings to configure). But you also said you're using the WLAN Server option, which is only used for local vaults (i.e. vaults that aren't part of a 1Password.com account). So it sounds like you still have a local vault in 1Password on your Mac Pro and iPhone, and you're syncing that vault between them via WLAN Server.

To check that, open 1Password on your Mac Pro, go to 1Password > Preferences and select the Accounts tab. Does it show that you're signed into your account? If not, you'll need to do that.

Next, close the Preferences window and click the vault switcher in the top left corner of the window. Do you see a vault named Primary? If so, that's not part of your account. Select Primary, then move all the items from the Primary vault to your Personal account vault: Move items between vaults

Once you've moved all your items to the Personal account vault, you can delete the Primary vault (switch to the Primary vault and go to 1Password > Delete Vault... in the menu).

Let us know how it all goes up to this point, and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• karinw01
    karinw01
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew — life is good now that I followed your directions. Everything is synched up beautifully! Thanks so much. Karin

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news! You're very welcome, and I'm glad to hear everything is syncing correctly now. Hopefully you're all set, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.