Can't login ? Frozen letters [resolved by updating to iOS 10.2.1]

Options
abl
abl
Community Member
edited March 2017 in iOS

A week ago my login stopped working. It gets to the 13th letter and freezes. I emailed for support got generic reply and still waiting for help. In reading postss I am wondering if after several years of use I inadvertently signed up for a trial and now that ended and now with no notice all my passwords are being held hostage? If this is the case why do I not receive a response telling me my options? I have trusted and depended on this app a long time and am now in a desparate situation with what seems to be no advanced notice?? Suggestions?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Actually freezes? At a certain point the number of dots stops increasing, but the keypresses are still being accepted. That does catch some people.

And no, your passwords are not held hostage even with an ended trial. Passwords are always available, though one may have to copy them manually if the account is frozen.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

@danco: Ah, this sounds like an iOS issue a few users have reported.

@abl: Are you by any chance referring to keyboard input in the Master Password field when opening 1Password for iOS? You didn't include any information about what you're using, but your description sounds familiar. This isn't actually connected to your 1Password.com trial at all. Just update to iOS 10.2.1 and you should be all set there.

However, while you won't be locked out of your data due to an expired trial, a 1Password.com membership is a paid service. But if you don't want its benefits (automatic sync, backup, web interface, and all of the apps), just sign out of your account and you won't be asked to subscribe. Cheers! :)

• abl
    abl
    Community Member
    Options

Yes ios issue. Thank you so much. I wish I heard that a week ago. I always wait a week with those updates to assure they are successful.

• Ben
    Options

@abl

Thanks for the update. I understand your desire to wait a week to see if any reports surface of difficulties, but if you start having troubles with apps you've updated then updating the OS is a good troubleshooting step. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.