To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can no longer see primary vault logins in Mac App

Options
JohnC2F
JohnC2F
Community Member

Purchased 1Password on iPhone few years ago, then brought into my business and signed up for Teams. Can see all logins and Vaults on my iPhone, can only see a subset of logins on the mac app. Seems to exclude Primary vault items. Just noticed this evening (03/22/2017). Fairly certain all logins were viewable on my mac pro yesterday but I think I applied an app update in the last few days. Need to see all passwords from all vaults on all devices but can't do that now.

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• JohnC2F
    JohnC2F
    Community Member
    Options

I just noticed today (3/22/17) in the 1Password App on my MacBook pro I have only 62 items in "All Vaults", yesterday I had about 202 items. My iphone app, where I started with 1Password a couple years ago, still has all 202 login items but a lot of data disappeared from the app on my mac. I tried re-adding the account but no luck.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JohnC2F: Did you perhaps migrate the data in your Primary vault to your 1Password account's Personal/Private vault? Alternatively, you may not be viewing the Primary vault at all. Try clicking the rainbow All Vaults icon and view only the Primary. And check Preferences > All Vaults to make sure you haven't disabled viewing the Primary there. Let me know what you find!

• JohnC2F
    JohnC2F
    Community Member
    Options

I did not try or attempt any data migration. The Primary Vault does not show in my Vault list any more nor am I able to select it on my Mac to view or exclude. I can, however, see all vaults including my Primary on my iPhone.

• Frank
    Options

Hi JohnC2F - Thank you for the follow up and additional details. To get a better understanding, I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. I think it's best to get a Diagnostics Report so we can take a closer look. When you get a chance, reply back to us over there so we can continue the discussion :+1:

ref: KAB-86778-977

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JohnC2F: If you don't have a Primary vault at all, that certainly explains it. I thought you just meant you were missing logins in your Primary vault. It sounds like you're using a 1Password.com account on your Mac, and you can move your data there from the Primary vault on your iPhone so it shows up on your Mac and any other devices you authorize. Let me know if that helps! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JohnC2F, I noticed you posted another message about this in a different thread. To avoid confusion, I moved it to this thread where Brenty and Frank have already been helping you. Cheers! :)

• JohnC2F
    JohnC2F
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Brent, Moving my Primary vault is not what I want to do. My Primary vault was set up before we purchased the Team product for my company when I bought the app on my iPhone years ago. I must be going crazy but I could swear the Primary vault was visible on my mac up until a couple days ago because I assumed it was all linked through my team 1Password account and my secret key.

• Frank
    Options

Hi JohnC2F - We appreciate the clarification and I just replied back to you via email. Let's keep the conversation going over there. Talk to you soon :+1:

• 21hummingbirds
    21hummingbirds
    Community Member
    Options

It appears that I am having the same problem as JohnC2F -- when I am using my MacBook Pro, the Primary Vault is no longer visible (it still appears on my iPhone and MAC desktop), nor does it appear in my 1Password account to restore it. I would really appreciate some help please!

• Ben
    Options

Standalone vaults are not part of or linked to 1Password accounts. Logging into a 1Password account is not sufficient to sync standalone vaults from one device to another. That is one of the primary differences between an account and using 1Password standalone.

With a standalone vault you must establish syncing manually, separately for each standalone vault, and using a 3rd party sync service:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• 21hummingbirds
    21hummingbirds
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben! There is no Sync function within the Preferences in the MacBook Pro version of 1Password. The rest of my stuff is synced over iCloud. So...I still need help please.

• 21hummingbirds
    21hummingbirds
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben. I signed out of my account on the MacBook Pro and signed back in using iCloud. Problem solved; it pulled in the Primary Vault automatically. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Ben, you are most welcome! It sounds like you had set it up with your account initially and it didn't have any local vaults to connect to iCloud. I'm glad to hear that all is well now though. You should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.