Auto Login Stopped working

We set up 1Password yesterday and added a number of sites. They were working fine with autologin. Today none of the 46 sites we set up will auto login. 1Password takes you to the sign in page but doesn't login. The Automatic sign in box is checked on the program. Without the autologin the program is nothing more than a spreadsheet of usernames and passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Auto Login Stopped working

Comments

• amgroup
    amgroup
    Community Member

Additional information. All of the computers being used are running windows 10. One uses Chrome for the default browser and has the chrome extension loaded. The other uses Edge for the default browser. We also have the program on one apple phone which does work and loads properly.

• Hi @amgroup,

Thanks for writing in.

Does your company manage the Chrome installation by any chance? We've seen cases where if Chrome is managed by the IT department, it may result into an invalid certificate that will cause 1Password's security check to trip and block the 1Password extension from working but you should see a message saying this.

Can you tell me if you open one of the site's login page manually and click on the 1Password icon in Chrome, what happened? Did 1Password mini show up with the right Login item for the site?

Microsoft Edge browser is not supported yet, it doesn't have the APIs we need to build 1Password extension but we're working with Microsoft to make that happen soon.

• amgroup
    amgroup
    Community Member

I am the IT department LOL....The chrome will work if you hit the 1Password icon but when we first loaded the the sites they would load without having to hit the icon. Of course the fact that everyone uses Edge except me (they have to due to several programs we use that are not compatible with Chrome) leaves your program useless unless it will do the sign in automatically.

• Hi @amgroup,

.The chrome will work if you hit the 1Password icon but when we first loaded the the sites they would load without having to hit the icon

That's correct, 1Password does not fill automatically with you invoking it first. It is a security issue to auto-fill without any human intervention.

To fill with 1Password, there are two ways:

1. If you're on the site already; press the Control + \ shortcut to directly fill without bringing up 1Password mini or click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar to manually select an item to fill.
    2. Go and Fill: Bring up 1Password mini with the Control + Alt + \ shortcut, search for the site you want to open it and click on it. You can do the same in the main 1Password interface, double-click on the Login item in the item list and it'll open the site in your browser while filling as well.

Of course the fact that everyone uses Edge except me (they have to due to several programs we use that are not compatible with Chrome) leaves your program useless unless it will do the sign in automatically.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do at the moment, Edge is a young browser that didn't have all the APIs we need to enable the 1Password integration. Microsoft is working on shipping the next Windows 10 update, the Creator's Update, with the Edge changes we need and we can add 1Password support if the changes are good. As I said, we're working with them but at the very miminal, everyone will need this update installed in order to use 1Password in Edge. No ETA when this is coming.

This discussion has been closed.