Safari yes, Chrome, no

Options
jmilt7
jmilt7
Community Member

Mac Pro (Mid 2012), El Capitan, 6 GB memory, 1Password 6.6.3. When I open Chrome and try to enter my password into the 1Password browser helper (or whatever it is called) it shakes and says it is incorrect, or words to that effect. I know it is correct. Just started doing this yesterday. If I open Safari and enter my password, it takes it with no problem. And then when I go back to Chrome, it works there, too, or rather, I don't have to enter my password, it just works again. But I would rather not open Safari just to access 1Password in Chrome

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmilt7,

That's very strange, I don't know why the same master password would work in Safari but not Chrome. Are you able to unlock the main 1Password app with that master password?

Also (and this is a bit of a long shot), if you open the Applications folder on your Mac, do you happen to have multiple 1Password apps in there? If so, what are their names? Are you able to unlock both, or just one?

• jmilt7
    jmilt7
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response. Just by coincidence there was a 1Password update (6.6.4) today so I thought I would try it and after restarting (which I know I didn't have to do) it seems to be working again. Don't know if it was just some glitch or if the update corrected something (although there was no mention of it in the notes) or what. But I know I was entering my correct password in Chrome. I tried several times doing it slowly and making sure and making sure the caps lock was off, etc. And it was happening over a couple of days. And like I said it worked in Safari. So all is good now, hopefully. Thanks again.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's good news, I'm glad it's working correctly again! It's very odd that was happening in the first place, I'm not aware of any issues that would have caused that or anything in the 6.6.4 update that would have fixed it, so my best guess is that rebooting your Mac solved it. Hopefully it continues to work correctly from now on, but if it becomes a recurring issue, please let us know so we can investigate further. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.