Help! Locked out of 1Password

Options
rlf
rlf
Community Member

I'm locked out of Mac 1Password on my MacBook. When I rebooted my laptop this morning and entered my 1P Mini keyboard shortcut in order to log into a website, I discovered that the shortcut no longer worked. When I tried to open 1Password to reset the shortcut, I got the following error message: "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini. Please quit 1Password and start it again." 1Password starts but I can't get to anything. When I hit the OK button, 1Password closes. I now can't use 1Password on my laptop. Fortunately I have 1P on my iPhone so I was able to log into this site to ask for help. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rlf
    rlf
    Community Member
    Options

Can anyone please help me? I'm trying to run a business and with 1Password down, I'm effectively dead in the water. Thank you.

• rlf
    rlf
    Community Member
    Options

Someone at AB on Twitter told me the fix. It requires downloading and installing the latest version of 1Password, rebooting your computer, and then opening 1P so a new mini connection can be set up.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlf,

I'm very happy to hear you were able to solve the problem with some help from Twitter! It sounds like you ran into the issue (and solution) described in this blog post: 1Password for Mac 6.5.5: Manual update required

And also in this support article: 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you need more help or have any questions about 1Password, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.