2 entries for 1Password in iCloud storage

ValerieF
ValerieF
Community Member

I'm trying to gain more storage in my iCloud account and have noticed (via my Mac) that there are 2 entries for 1Password- one for 8.9 MB and one for 3.4 MB. Why are there 2 and can/should I delete 1 of them? I'm a bit concerned that I might lose everything.

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have 2 entries for 1PW in my iCloud Storage, each w/different amts. Can/should I delete 1?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ValerieF,

Thanks for writing in to ask us about that! Those entries in your iCloud storage represent your 1Password sync data, and not the data stored locally on your Mac. If you delete those entries, 1Password will stop syncing via iCloud and give you an error about that, but all your data will still be in 1Password on your Mac and other devices - so you won't lose anything.

One of those entries in iCloud is the sync data from 1Password 4, which used a different method of syncing via iCloud. The other entry is your current sync data used by newer versions. You don't need the older sync data, but unfortunately there's no easy way to tell which one is which.

The older sync data won't cause any problems if you leave it there, but if you really want to get rid of it, we recommend disabling iCloud in the 1Password sync settings on each device first, deleting both 1Password entries from the iCloud storage settings, and then re-enabling iCloud in 1Password again.

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions about it, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• ValerieF
    ValerieF
    Community Member

Thanks so much for your helpful - and reassuring - advice! That did the trick, and actually eliminated the older, larger entry so I now have a little bit more room in my iCloud account. I also don't have to deal with having duplicates and worrying about what they are.
    Again, thank you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I'm glad that was helpful and freed up some space in your iCloud account. We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.