Export doesn't work (doesn't create file)

Options
NoEarthlyReason
NoEarthlyReason
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

When I go to File - Export - All Items..., enter my password, and choose a save location and hit Save, no file is created. This happens with .1pif and .csv exports, which are the two export types I have tried.

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@NoEarthlyReason,

That's definitely not right. In the case of 1pif you should end up with a folder, but yeah there should be a file if csv is chosen. Can you try each export all one more time and then generate a diagnostic report for us?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Rudy

• NoEarthlyReason
    NoEarthlyReason
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry @rudy, my bad – I had accidentally selected the Downloads folder on my BootCamp partition. The export feature is working fine after all, although I suppose it might be worthwhile for you to add an error message to help out other users who try to save to an unsupported file system.

Thanks,

Richard

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, interesting. Sorry about that! I'm glad you were able to save to another location. We'll see if we can make it clearer in the future.

This discussion has been closed.