To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can you help me switch from Dashlane to 1Password with some way to easily import?

Options
super
super
Community Member

I currently use Dashlane and have hundreds of passwords in there. Would love to switch to your tool and have started using it but really need a good way to import all those into 1Password and not sure how to do it. Any help? :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:dashlane

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @super - Welcome to the 1Password family :-) We do have a migrate tool that you can use to import your data over to 1Password. I will include a link below to our guide -

https://support.1password.com/import-lastpass/

Let us know if it works for you or if you have any additional questions. We'll be happy to assist :+1:

• super
    super
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing that @frank. That seems to be for LastPass and when I tried an export from Dashlane and into 1P I got a weird outcome.

When importing the Dashlane CSV using "LastPass" as an option, it set the password as the 'title' of the login and the username for the website as the password.

When importing using the "Other" option, it just gave the error: Could not read items from file. Check import format.

Any ideas? :)

• Frank
    Options

Ahhhh @Super my fault... I don't know why I had LastPass on my brain. Sorry about that :+1: @MrC might be able to assist you here. But importing from DashLane is a little tricky since they use a non-standard format...

You need to ensure that you have exported your data as an 'Unsecured Archive', via the export menu option in Dashlane. Next, open that CSV file with the TextEdit application on your Mac, you should see in the very first line of the document your Dashlane username/email address. Delete this entire first line, so that the first line contains your first website and password. It should look something like this: "yahoo.com","yahoo.com","markag","test1234","" Next, save the file and close it. Now follow the importing steps in 1Password:

https://support.1password.com/import/#advanced-comma-delimited-text-csv-files

Sorry again for the confusion and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

• super
    super
    Community Member
    Options

BOOM! That worked really well, thank you so much @Frank!

• Frank
    edited March 2017
    Options

Sweet!!! Thank you for letting me know @Super. Welcome to the 1Password family. Keep us posted if you run into any questions along the way, we'll be happy to assist. Have a great weekend :+1:

This discussion has been closed.